Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Dave Elton
Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:16 pm

x

Fl midi routing problem / limitation

Hi all,
I'm trying to use a VSTi in FL which requires multiple controllers to be mapped, and failing to find a simple way to do this.

I'm trying to link Garritan Personal Orchestra to FL. For those who don't know GPO is basically a (rather good) sound library for Kontakt.
To do this I need to route thinks like my sustain pedal and Mod wheel to Kontakt.
Now I can map the controls from the browse parameters option in the vsti wrapper menu. It's a pain, when essentially I'm mapping like to like, but I can live with it.

When I need a second instance of Kontakt 2 for, say, the violas I'll have to map it all over again, which I can cope with.

What trips me up is that when I go to record the viola part my Mod wheel is now automating both Kontakt players. I don't want this to happen as it will record events for the one I'm not editing.

Whilst I could 'remove conflicts' every time I assign the mod wheel, I'm going to have keep reassigning it and several other controlls each time I switch to one of the 6 or 7 generators that use this. I think you can see why that would become frustrating.

I'm pretty sure that this would be a problem for any and all VSTis that need midi CC's mapped.

Is this really an oversight by FL for piping midi through to Generators?
Am I doing this all wrong?

I'd love to hear what the support staff have to say on this issue, do any of you use multiple Vstis that need midi control info passed onto them? if so how?

Most importantly:
Couldn't we just have a setting in FL to pass on all midi CCs to the selected generator, much in the same way that it passes on all note data?

Thanks,
Dave

nucleon
Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:37 pm

x

You use MIDI out generators to controll multipl...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave Elton
Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:37 pm

x

nucleon wrote:Then if you set up override gener...

gol
Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:52 pm

x

Why do notes route to the selected generator, b...

Dave Elton
Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:57 pm

x

Gol, Perhaps I'm missing something here. Is th...

nucleon
Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:20 pm

x

Dave Elton wrote:I prefer not to use the midi o...

Dave Elton
Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:04 am

x

nucleon wrote:Dave Elton wrote:I prefer not to ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”