Holo !! - - - - (Final-Final Update!!) -Need All Feedback

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ManifestSilver
Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:04 pm

x

Holo !! - - - - (Final-Final Update!!) -Need All Feedback

I'm a big fan of people posting their "1 hour or so" tracks to get feedback ASAP - If the feedback ideas match up to your own, you know you're on the right track (PUN INTENDED!).

Here's a little wierd thing I've been playing with for the last hour or so - Testing out Reaktor!

The track name of this song is based on the theory of "The Holographic Universe". - (Holo...graphic.)

The holographic principle is a speculative conjecture about quantum gravity theories, proposed by Gerard 't Hooft and improved and promoted by Leonard Susskind and John A. Wheeler, claiming that all of the information contained in a volume of space can be represented by information which lives in the boundary of that region. In other words, if you have an empty sphere, all of the events within can be explained by the arrangement of information on the surface of the sphere.

In a larger sense, the theory suggests that the entire universe can be seen as a two-dimensional information structure "painted" on a boundary surface, and that the three dimensions we observe are illusory.

Using theoretical arguments based on the holographic principle, many physicists suggest that 11-dimensional M-theory, which is described in many sectors by matrix string theory, in other sectors by perturbative string theory could ultimately form a complete theory of everything.

There is a substory, though. I'll write that up in a bit! :D

<EDIT> The title, Holo, is also a play on words (sounds?). Holo sounds like "Hollow" which has a few meanings in regards to this track. Mainly that people these days seem so hollow - Even the religious ones seem to be without a spirit - And the ones without a religion seem, sometimes, the most spiritual. People have forgotten themselves. The mind is not a SOLID STATE information saving device. It is in constant flux - Constantly changing... a cascade of bioelectrical signals and chemicals. You are not who you were 8 years ago. It is known that the body replaces nearly every cell in your body every 8 years, so.. you have a completely different body - so why wouldnt ones mind have changed? This is the problem - People take a SOLID stance on their views and knowledge, but are in reality .. fading away. To suppose your mind does not change causes it to erode. To suppose it is always changing leaves it like water, constantly taking the shape you want it to take and in a constant cycle of evaporation and condensation. Do not let a mind-like-water to evaporate completely though, because without control over this "liquid mind" it is even more succeptible to "erosion".

We're all hollow to some degree - some more than others. It really depends on what you use to fill this hollowness - this hole. If you chose creativity your mind can never stagnate.

FINAL VERSION[/i]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ManifestSilver on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Experiment11
Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:48 pm

x

I really like this one mani!!! The bass on the...

Clayjrjr2
Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:53 pm

x

creepy sounding. pretty cool man. pretty cool

ManifestSilver
Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:55 pm

x

Thanks for listening guys! I should have the "...

ManifestSilver
Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:02 pm

x

Experiment11 wrote: I'm not too familiar with ...

Morgan King
Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:12 pm

x

I was going to finally listen....where'd it go?

ManifestSilver
Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:13 pm

x

Morgan King wrote:I was going to finally listen...

Morgan King
Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:22 pm

x

ManifestSilver wrote:Morgan King wrote:I was go...

ManifestSilver
Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:28 pm

x

Morgan King wrote:ManifestSilver wrote:Morgan K...

ManifestSilver
Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:51 pm

x

The bell.. was supposed to be an IDM style glit...

KrisV
Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:50 pm

x

I liked this. A little creepy, but that's not a...

ManifestSilver
Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:57 pm

x

Pardon me for asking.. but.. Filtering?

KrisV
Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:07 pm

x

Filtering, or FX on some of the synths. A littl...

ManifestSilver
Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:14 pm

x

KrisV wrote:Filtering, or FX on some of the syn...

KrisV
Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:24 pm

x

Probably a simple free filter on the synth that...

ManifestSilver
Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:24 pm

x

FinalFinal update! *Selfless Bump*

Experiment11
Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:00 pm

x

Ah yes, the song has progressed since yesterday...

ManifestSilver
Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:54 pm

x

Experiment11 wrote: I feel as if I am tasting ...

DethLark
Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:09 am

x

Very awesome. I wouldn't suggest to change a t...

ManifestSilver
Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:17 am

x

DethLark wrote:Very awesome. I wouldn't sugges...

dh2576
Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:25 am

x

this is da shit! I'm slowly learing to get this...

ManifestSilver
Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:32 am

x

dh2576 wrote:this is da shyte! I'm slowly leari...

nubian_vibes
Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:31 am

x

Great sounds man. This has got to be one of you...

ManifestSilver
Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:53 am

x

nubian_vibes wrote:Great sounds man. This has g...

ManifestSilver
Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:17 pm

x

nubian_vibes wrote:Great sounds man. This has g...

Return to “Song Exchange”