Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
LoopmasterNigel
Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:45 pm

x

Fast Dist on send track sounds very different when rendered

Hello all,

It's my first post so just let me say a quick thank you for the amazing FL family. I'm a long time FL user but I've never had cause to use the support forums - which means you're doing something very right!

Unfortunately, I have recently encountered an issue using FL Studio 7 Producer that I just can't seem to resolve. For a song I'm currently working on I have a send track with the Fast Dist plugin on it. I have several drum samples in the superb FPC plugin, some of which get sent off to mixer tracks that in turn get sent to the send track with the Fast Dist on it. This is a pretty standard setup of course, which gives the drums a slightly dirty, punchy quality. On this song, though, I'm using quite a bit more distortion than I'd normally use for this sort of thing - it just happens to be a glitchy song that needs a nice distorted sound.

I have the whole piece sounding exactly as I want when previewed in FL Studio. Unfortunately, when I render the track to wav the sound is considerably different. For some reason, the distortion on the drums is dramatically reduced. It all sounds much cleaner with less buzz and static. You can tell that the distortion effect is still there but it really is a huge difference. With the send amount at 10% you can barely even hear it when rendered, although when previewed it sounds fine. Later in the song the send amount gets knocked up to about 30%. At this point you can hear the distortion better, but it is still very quiet and tame compared to how it sounded when previewed. It is also much less 'buzzier' and has lost that dirty, glitchy edge.

I've tried enabling and disabling all the different quality settings on the export dialog but nothing has made any difference. I tried interpolation qualities from 6 point hermite to 256 point sinc but again there was no difference to the sound of the distortion. I tried exporting just the send track to disk but it sounds the same as when rendered with the rest of the song. I just can't find a way to render this song so that it actually sounds like it does when previewed.

Can anyone offer any ideas as to how or why this may be happening? I'm confident that I'm not doing something stupid as I have quite a bit of experience in FL. However, I just can't work out how the rendered sound could possibly deviate from the previewed sound and I've never known anything like this with Floops or FL Studio.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
--
LN

Dion
Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:55 pm

x

Are you familiar with Edison, FL's wave editor/...

nucleon
Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:06 pm

x

You could try replacing it with fruity Waveshap...

AaronGNP
Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:47 pm

x

I had the same problem with fast dist at one po...

LoopmasterNigel
Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:54 am

x

Thanks very much for the replies, they have bee...

AaronGNP
Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:12 am

x

Do you have an FLP I can work with? I too had ...

LoopmasterNigel
Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:53 pm

x

Hello again, Thanks for the offer of looking i...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AbelG_
Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:13 pm

x

Totally strange. I've never heard of this probl...

LoopmasterNigel
Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:14 pm

x

I still come back to this project periodically ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”