FLSM3 needs serious MIDI Implementation

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Vic S.
Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:04 pm

x

FLSM3 needs serious MIDI Implementation

I recently acquired the FL Studio Mobile 3 app for my iOS devices. Although limited, it's still a great sketchpad for ideas on the go. However, there's an issue that really baffles me: The lack of Advanced MIDI Routing. Sure, there's MIDI control capabilities, but it's literally bare-bones.

What I liked about the app before getting it was the idea of using it live alongside my hardware setup. I have a camera connection kit around, and connecting it to my iPod Touch could be no problem. iOS devices have a ton of processing power, and when doing test drives after buying it, I was glad that I could stack many FX to drums and synths and still not choke.

HOWEVER, after connecting it to my iPad interface with Modstep app as the MIDI send, I was really disappointed. You can only send MIDI data to the selected channel. Why? Why you can't have the ability to, say, assign your drum rack to Ch. 1, sequence it with an external program and then being able to play a MiniSynth with Ch. 2? For me, this doesn't mean the app is 100% useless, though. Sure, you can play it live and assign CC's to parameters. But you're only limited to one channel. That's it. You either have drums, or a synth. Not cool.

Now, I get it: FLS is supposed to be a DAW, designed for studio use and not for live performance, but the inability to use it that way really limits it's potential. Korg Gadget, for example, has a sweet MIDI implementation where you can assign MIDI channels to individual instruments making it a great app to use live, but it does lack the ability to add a huge FX chain.

I'm asking to the developers that you could consider adding some professional MIDI Implementation in a future update. For what I can remember, the previous version of FLSM had it. There should be no excuse for not adding it. Even better, you could even control external hardware! I use Modstep and Genome for sequencing some synths I got, but the clean interface and automation clips in FL could be a great joy to use.

MIDI, PLEASE!!

V.

mattsteidle
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:26 pm

x

Re: FLSM3 needs serious MIDI Implementation

Was this implemented? I have been trying to use...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”