Welcome to FL Studio 12.9 BETA. We are excited to start rolling out the features for the next major release of FL Studio, including: Time Signatures, completely reworked APDC, more Mixer Tracks and there's many more new features to come...
Download Windows Installer Here [build 160] 663 MB (695,714,736 bytes) - Last updated 24/Oct/2017
Download macOS Installer Here [build 95] - Last updated 7/Nov/2017
This link takes you to the macOS Beta Testing forum, where you can download it and report Mac specific bugs.
- Projects saved from the BETA won't work in older versions of FL Studio.
- Don't use the BETA to save any important projects. They may not be compatible with the release version (although we will try to avoid that).
- Don't use the BETA for any mission/time critical work.
- The BETA will expire, 15th Jan 2018, so there may be a period where you are unable to use the BETA.
- The BETA is missing final-release features, it is a work-in-progress.
- We're dropping Windows XP and Vista support with FL 20. While FL will probably still work for the most part, we may not fix bugs that happen only on those versions of Windows.
- Automatic PDC - Automatic PDC should now work for all normal use-cases (please report issues). We still need to fix these cases: Multi-out plugins, Multiple generators feeding a single Mixer track, each with different latencies and the wet/dry mix knob on FX slots. These should be resolved in coming betas.
- Automatic PDC now works with Generators.
- APDC applies to inter-track routing and side-chains.
- Manual and Auto-PDC can now co-exist. Manual PDC is applied as an offset to Auto PDC.
- Manual PDC - Negative values - delay the selected track, positive values - delay all other tracks.
- There's a new audio input delay control on the INPUT menu to fix latency issues with individual audio inputs.
- PDC icons now light orange when a track reports latency, not when it's delayed (as before). This will help you to quickly identify PDC inducing plugins.
- DirectWave - A Zone's loop type can now be set for all selected Zones at once. New 'Copy to selected zones' option for some Zone parameters
- Fruity Reeverb - Is now a 64 Bit FL plugin.
- GUI - The 'Song/Pat' switch is a placeholder. The main purpose at the moment is to show you are using the FL Studio Beta. We are working on converting all tool panels to 1-unit high to allow for a more streamlined tool-bar for those who want it. More later...
- Help - FL now uses the online version of the help file. You can download an offline version here (although FL 12.9 won't open this anymore).
- Mixer - Increased to 125 Mixer tracks. You will get a lot more later, if you are good. Rather than fill the mixer with 500+ tracks, we need to implement a system to dynamically add-as-you-need.
- Patcher - Reduced memory usage.
- Playlist - Improved visibility of Clip borders in Solid view mode. This one's for you Kaitav...guys are we overselling this? I had a look and I think we need to turn it up some more.
- Time Signature Support - Playlist, Piano roll, Project Settings and Time Markers. Right-click Time-markers and select 'Time signature'. Shift+Alt+T to set time-signatures over a selected time-range. Use the on Pattern Clip Menu 'Use current time signature' to set a time-signature based on Playlist position.
- Plugin manager - Locating plugins is faster, in some cases
- Sampler Channels - Legacy precomputed effects are back. New: Playback - 'Start offset' (automatable), will get a position visualization in the next update. Precomputed - 'Sample start', and 'Length' effects.
- Tap tempo - Sync option for tempo tap is now off by default.
- Unicode Text - Most FL plugins now support unicode characters when exchanging filenames and other text with FL Studio.
- ZGE Visualizer - Layers can be collapsed. Buffered layers are more obvious now. New 'SplinePeaks' effect.