rundetrack wrote:fizzd wrote:I decided to try to upgrade and I regret it. 'They won't sound identical' was an understatement!! Not only do some of my projects not open at all (no idea why, even one i was working on yesterday), those that do have many of the audio files missing. The filter automations did not transfer over at all for any of my projects. I think more warning should be given about this, and not just 'we can't guarantee 100% identical sound' which makes it sound like its mostly similar aside from the specific algorithm used on the reverb or something.
- The piano keyboard is great though.
- We can no longer swipe on the screen to scroll it, because we have to be careful where our first touch is. If it lands on a stem it will move it. That is totally unintuitive to the iOS language, where if you swipe and your first touch lands on a button it wont just trigger it. Same for swiping to scroll the channel rack! It doesn't really make sense, because if your first touch lands on an empty space between all the knobs then it does scroll, but what's the point if its so cluttered and we have to avoid all the 'enemies'. Adding a 0.2s hold time would work wonders I think.
- Same for trying to swipe horizontally on the mixer and accidentally changing the volume of 4 different tracks with a single swipe.
I guess the way we are supposed to do it is using the bar at the side or the top but that is way less efficient a workflow it gets in the way.
- Holding the top navigation bar to disable/enable the loop also impedes the workflow, having to wait way too long for it to trigger, in the old version we just did a double tap and drag.
- Increased crackling everywhere compared to FLM2, the demo songs are unplayable.
- The file browser loads files the moment you tap it rather than double tapping, and
- What happened to everything that was in the Audio folder of FLM2??? And all the Demos??
- And finally, the program quits about every 5 minutes.
That's just in the 20 minutes I tried it because after the 6th time it crashed I gave up. Upgrading was a huge mistake You say there's no way to go back, but dang, I should not have done this. I'd do anything to get the old version back if it were at all possible, simply because I wasn't expecting I would barely be able to use it without it crashing. I guess I'm stuck with Garageband for now..
I have same problem...... was this promblem ever solved?
The name of my project shows up..... but won't open up
I completely agree with you and all of the above. I am on the verge of contacting an attorney for damages at this point. I believe any of us who have had our work destroyed like this are entitled to some sort of compensation. All of my songs load with massive problems. To say it will sound different is perceived by us as slight, not massively. It should have been made more clear the damage that would be done to these songs. As for me, accidentally clicking update all sealed my fate on iOS. The app is completely useless to me at the moment. The changes that took place are nonsense. I don't know who is on the team right now, but I feel like I've had a knife driven into my side. This is my art we are talking about. I have backups thankfully on my PC. But until we are able to revert to version 2 we are in serious trouble. I have no workflow to use now. I am an expert in the desktop class version as well, but I don't personally own it and have to use a version my brother has. So far I too have been relegated to Garage Band for my iOS composition. Image-Line until this point WAS my favorite company. Now I feel like I've been scammed. I paid for my copy of FLM. I made irreplaceable works that right now sound nothing like the work I did. They are thus far destroyed and would take massive time to even begin to repair them. So far everything sounds "cheap" especially when compared to the previous quality attained in FLM2. My mind is literally blown with how poorly executed this update was.