MIDI import doesn't work correctly

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
crsattack
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:32 pm

x

MIDI import doesn't work correctly

I'm on version 20.0.1, 64-bit, Windows 7

When importing a MIDI, CC#11 Expression is completely stripped out, and the pitch bend range is limited to 2 from the original 12, resulting in any pitch bends being squashed down to a ceiling of 200 cents. To test this, I first created a project using pitch bend range 12 and CC#11 on a single note:
After this, I export a MIDI file. I've attached the MIDI file so you can hear it. Everything exports fine. Then, I import the MIDI into FL with these settings:
The result is as described above, with limited pitch bend range, pitch bends being squashed to a maximum of 200 cents, and CC#11 completely removed. I've attached a WAV where you can hear the result as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scott
Site Admin
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:05 am

x

Re: MIDI import doesn't work correctly

What setting is the Pitch knob on the Channel S...
What's this knob do? The F1 key is your friend!

crsattack
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:25 pm

x

Hi Scott, thanks for the reply Before exporting...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NTO
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:31 pm

x

FWIW - unsolicited two cents Think the Scot...

crsattack
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:12 pm

x

Pitch bend range is 12 (1200 cents) obviously. ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”