arrangements are okay...

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Jestron
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:18 am

x

arrangements are okay...

In the latest versions of FL one has the capability to make multiple unique playlists within one project called arrangements.
I'd like this to be taken to the next level similar to e.g. photoshop. I work on multiple projects at the same time, in an eratic manner and often merge old 'sketch-projects' to form new completer tracks, but since i cannot just copy and paste patterns from one project to another it can take me days until i'm ready to work on the actual music again. So here's what i have in mind:

FLstudio acts as a host for any number of projects simultaneously, with browser- or excel-like tabs for projects. similar to the arrangements but with their own unique patterns and channels. The main focus being side by side comparison without all those audio problems like exclusivity and merging projects or just copying a selection to another project. With a large set of tools to be able to transfer a playlist-section, with or without time signatures and tags, patterns samples and automation. and being able to either copy the generators to the second project or just the midi into the generators of the second project. in the latter case, copying automation is obviously not feasible and shan't be done. in the case that the generators are copied, they are added to the mixer just right of the rightmost occupied mixertrack with the exclusion of send tracks of course.

This feature could also open up an incredible live performance.

other features i'd like to see that aren't nearly as impactful:

sandboxing - bitwig studio manages to contain plugin crashes to the plugin without affecting anything else in the daw. this is an essential safety measure with shabbily coded free VSTs or slower/older systems.

copying and pasting time signatures - the new time signatures are an amazing new feature that i use a lot, but while i'm working in the playlist and moving sections around, al those tags just stay where they are. in some cases this is exactly what one wants but i would very much like to see the option to move clips AND tags/time signatures when i move a selection of the playlist. What i have in mind: ctrl+left drag makes a (loop) selection on the top bar of the playlist. if that selection becomes a tool to move, copy, cut etc. everything within it, it will take so much less time to form a piece of music.

deleting unused patterns - one can delete unused channels or empty patterns, but in chaotic projects where a lot of ideas are used to form an arrangement, one would expect the option to delete all patterns that are not on the playlist. it just seems like an option that should already be in FLstudio.

64-bit WASP - i love the wasp and its brother, but they're only available in 32bit versions. I would love to be able to use them in my 64bit FLstudio setup.

more effects slots - from what i've heard this is already planned for a future update, but for the sake of completion, i sometimes use more than ten effects on a mixer track, and sending it to a second mixer track isn't the most elegant solution. increasing the number of slots would be nice, or allowing the number of effect slots to be set by the user per mixer track.

skin support - i like pretty stuff, fl is pretty, but i would like to able to personalize it. better than ever before!

:)

Jestron
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:24 am

x

Re: arrangements are okay...

oh and also: FPC and other drum VSTs have thos...

Jestron
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:40 am

x

Re: arrangements are okay...

another thing that would be fun is to be able t...

Return to “To Do”