Troubleshooting Microphone

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
MAGGLE
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:40 pm

x

Troubleshooting Microphone

Hi folks,

So I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I'm getting a little frustrated trying to get this microphone up and running so I appreciate any help that can be provided.

For starters, I'm using: Windows 8 FL Studio 20 Signature Edition Focusrite Solo HeilSound PR-30B

So I've confirmed that the setup works using the default Microsoft program that allows sound recording and it sounds excellent. Also I've confirmed that the microphone is doing the recording by physically moving it away from my face while talking so this much I'm happy with.

The problem is when I try and record using FL Studio itself. So if I turn the knobs up all the way on my interface it does produce a recording but it sounds dreadful / static-y / muffled. Otherwise when I try and get any other voice recording then it does produce waveforms but they are inaudible. To clarify I have my volume up all the way on FL studio and my PC and was able to hear the sound recording I made using the default program as I mentioned.

So what do you think? I'm open to any and all suggestions, or if you need some more information I'd be happy to provide it. I am excited to start working but the whole thing is just pissing me off cause I don't know what's wrong.

Anyway thanks for listening

steevm
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:14 am

x

Re: Troubleshooting Microphone

Are you 100% sure you selected the correct inpu...

Alphons
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:43 pm

x

What ASIO driver are you using to record? Make...

MAGGLE
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:06 am

x

I'm using the driver that I installed from the ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steevm
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:07 pm

x

The screenshots look like you've got everything...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”