The wait is finally over!
Since this time there were two winners, we thought about a fitting theme for the contest that contains two different parts.
So hereby we present:
THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
Two stories, two melodies, two different "worlds" - switching back and forth.
"ugly" tape stops, old timey effects or distorted sounds vs. "beautiful" clean samples or a waltz.
It is completely up to you.
Besides we wanting to give you a lot of freedom for your own interpretation of the general theme, there are still some rules that need to be followed for a valid entry:
- different samples/sounds and melodies need to be used for the "beauty" and the "beast" part (The two parts should really be distinctable)
- you can switch back and forth as much as you like, however just making a "beautiful" intro with a "dirty" drop is not allowed. There should be more to it. For example both parts have its own structure or follow a shared structure throughout the whole song.
- include at least one time signature change (even if its just for a very small section or break)
- two reversed samples/sounds must be used somewhere in the project
- one of these three effects/synths need to be noticably used:
- Fruity Squeeze
- Fruity Granulizer
- you are allowed to use up to two royality free samples for each part (however you must provide the source links for the samples used in your post or in the project info, plus the samples must be freely accessible for listening)
- additionally you are allowed to use any of the samples we provided (see attachment) or any of your own recordings
- only stock samples allowed, with exception to the rules above
- no 3rd party plugins allowed
- the song should last between 2:00 and 4:00 minutes
Bonus points* for:
• not using the C Major or A Natural Minor scale
• using something you have recorded yourself
• providing a little story, meme, or whatever together with your track
Hopefully you're able to come up with something creative while still following the rules
We are very excited to hear your stories and tracks.
It took us a bit longer than expected to come up with the idea and rules.
Because of this, the contest will be extended.
Deadline: 15 November 2018
VOTE NOW HERE!!!
The Project File can be uploaded as .flp or .zip.
When 3rd party samples or recordings are used, you must upload a „Zipped loop package"
The Audio must be exported as *.mp3, then upload either here or on SoundCloud (preferred)
*disclaimer: there are no actual bonus points
Looptalk User Contest Archive
Looptalk User Contests - SoundCloud Page