The contest has ended. You can find the results here:
Finally came up with the rules for the next contest.
Hope you like them. If you don’t, just win and make your own in the following month
And as always, winner gets bragging rights!
What a stupid rule:
- a total of 24 sounds can be used (max. 12 Synths/Generators and Samples)
- you can only use the stock presets for your Synths/Generators
- no tweaking of parameters allowed (I will check, so don’t risk getting disqualified )
- you are allowed to tweak fruity wrapper parameters (Arpeggiator, Polyphony, etc.)
- you can layer your sounds and add as many effects and automations as you like (as long as you only automate effect parameters)
- only use stock plugins
- no stock samples allowed
- record or create your own
- you can sample stuff from movies, videos, other songs, etc. as long as you make it short and unrecognizable
- you can also use 3rd party samples/sounds as starting point for creating completely new sounds, you must however render it first
- use the melody (MIDI) of a christmas song or the song itself and „flip“ it by cutting up the midi-/audio-track and rearrange the parts
- transpose it as you wish
- in the end it shouldn’t sound like the original at all
While this looks like a lot it’s basically just those four rules:
- max 12 generators and samples (total of 24 sounds)
- only use stock presets for synths and only stock plugins allowed
- no stock samples (make your own or use shared ones)
- use christmas song or melody and „flip“ it
5. January 2019 – 12pm UTC/GMT
Looptalk User Contest Archive
Looptalk User Contests - SoundCloud Page
Good luck everyone!
Will try to make a banner for this contest when I find the time to do so.