Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
kevinm
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:38 pm

x

Specific Preset Information Request

I'm looking to recreate the harp/koto lead sound from Crocketts Theme (note: NOT the Fairlight Voice sound), heard here 36 seconds in...

I can get close using the preset 'Harp 2' from Analog Lab 3's emulation of the DX7 (see link below from 1:10 for the original DX7 sound)...

...but something is missing, and I can't put my finger on it.

There's conflicting information online about whether this lead sound does indeed stem from the DX7 Harp 2 preset, or from a Roland Jupiter 8, as suggested and recreated in this video at 4:50...

I'm a bit of a synth programming novice, and whilst I've tried to follow the guidance in this video, I've struggled to make any progress.

So...I wondered if anyone could suggest a suitable Image Line (or other) synth to attempt to recreate this (that matches closely the controls and parameters as shown in the video - particularly in terms of syncing oscilators), or whether anyone has ever attempted this and has that sound?

I think the DX7 Harp sound is close, but there's a certain depth and quality to the original that I feel is missing (maybe through processing?), and whilst the difference is subtle, I think it makes a big difference.

Cheers :)

Architector #4
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:10 pm

x

Re: Specific Preset Information Request

Followed the third video and made a patch with ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kevinm
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:16 pm

x

Levendis - thank you, I hadn't thought of that ...

kevinm
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:15 pm

x

Architector #4 - that it absolutely spot on - p...

kevinm
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:16 am

x

Architector #4 wrote:You're welcome! Looking to...

Architector #4
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:07 pm

x

That's actually perfect. Glad I could help! Sub...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”