Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Maximiliansson
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:26 am

x

Help with affordable but adequate rig

I am trying to do some research on hardware and performance for an affordable but competent music-computer. I simply can't get a feel for if my intended purchases are underpowered or overpowered. If you are experienced with hardware-performance, specifications and evaluating how stuff would work together then plz help. I did read the image line hardware guide but felt it was geared a bit too high ended. I've scoured le web for a few hours now and I'm not getting any smarter.

My typical FL use is, i guess, medium resource heavy. Typical would be a virtual drumkit library, 1-2 instances of newtone, some thiccc virtual instrument, somewhat bulky endmix plugin on master, some oneshots or make unique audio clips, 10-20 longer recorded tracks on mostly separate channels and a slew of small plugins on each track.

To the point. I've landed on "AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3,4GHz Socket AM4 Box" for CPU. Is this overkill or not? Is there any point in going for the Ryzen 7 2700, or even 2600x/2700x?

As for ram. "Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3000MHz 2x8GB". 16gb should be fine, but i wonder if dat juicy DDR4 3000MHz will do any real good as compared to 2133MHz speed.

As for MoBo i am utterly clueless... i just don't know what to look for.

Any help would be appreciated.

donkeytugger
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:49 am

x

Re: Help with affordable but adequate rig

Might be an idea to give an indication of how m...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”