Mixing Black Metal in FLStudio with the Shreddage suite. Any advice or tips/tricks??

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
loogital
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:18 am

x

Mixing Black Metal in FLStudio with the Shreddage suite. Any advice or tips/tricks??

Hi all,
I decided to go back to my roots & try to pull a Symphonic Black Metal album in FL Studio (been doing Electro these last 14 years or so).
Having no longer access to a band, I've installed Shreddage 2 / Shreddage Bass / Shreddage Drums to discover I'm not really used to mixing metal vs electronic music.
Been trying to forge a sound similar to this Dimmu Borgir album:
https://youtu.be/-3g4IPuz408

For example, I've been trying to emulate the Nicholas Barker drum sound but I can't seem to get there yet.
I'm planning to use 3 Shreddage2 (1 lead guitar, 2 rhythm guitars), 1 Shreddage Bass, 1 Shreddage Drum, some choir sounds, some pads & vocals.

Would somebody have any tips/tricks for mixing in FLStudio to achieve this kind of sound on guitars, bass & drums (ideas on EQ, filters & compression settings maybe)?
Or would somebody have already experimented in the Shreddage suite and have any advice or info to share on good guitars/bass/drums settings?

Can be anything really, from getting better sounding palm-muted chords to making the double-kick stand out more.. I'd take anything anybody is willing to share :D

Many thanks!
loogital

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”