Discuss & Share DirectWave content here

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Nobongo
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:00 pm

x

Direct Wave Not Working On Imported Midi FIles

Hello!

Very new to Fl Studio, so forgive me if i'm missing something. I like to import video game midis, and change the instruments to make remixes / repaints of the songs. I was trying to do this in FL but Direct Wave just doesn't work. Whenever I use an instrument preset (something from the Packs folder) that uses direct wave, the notes don't make any noise. It registers them playing but no sound comes out at all. I can use other plugins, like Sytrus, the sampler, Slayer, basically everything except Direct wave.

I have the Producer Edition of FL Studio, which I believe comes with Direct Wave, but I might need the full version to use it for this?? Which doesn't make sense because I can use it just fine normally, except it can't play Midi file notes?

If anyone knows anything about this please let me know, I have searched the internet for about 2 days trying to figure this out. I'm including a project file that has a midi track imported into it (Apparitions Stalk the Night by ZUN), and I have replaced most of the instruments with preset ones that use direct wave. What happens to me when I hit play is that everything is silent (except the drum). The song works normally and I left some of the tracks alone so if you play those, they will play normally.
Direct Wave Not Working With Midi.flp
Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NTO
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:12 pm

x

Re: Direct Wave Not Working On Imported Midi FIles

You have to put the instrument(s) on the channe...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NTO
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:21 am

x

Re: Direct Wave Not Working On Imported Midi FIles

Open the DW window from the channel rack and pr...

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”