Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ohmaya
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:49 pm

x

bad crackling with Omnisphere

Hi!

Long time user of FL Studio on my PC and PC laptop.

Recently bought a MacBook and am now using FL Studio on there. Here's the issue...

I open an empty project and load a single channel/single output of Omnisphere. I select a patch and if I play a sustained note, I am getting awful crackling sounds, both in audition and playback. I increased the buffer in the settings/audio tab but it does not seem to help.

Having always run FL Studio and Omnisphere on the PC laptop, I know how to trouble shoot the audio drivers etc. on the PC but not really sure how to proceed on the MacBook. I was told that Macs do not use ASIO like PC's do but I am not really sure what that means for my issue.

I am not using an external audio interface on the MacBook, just the onboard audio and am monitoring through a headset that is tested good in other apps.

If I render out the file, the crackling is not there, so it is apparently only when I am monitoring the audio inside FL Studio while auditioning patches and playing back recorded MIDI that the crackling occurs.
I created a short phrase and rendered it out to a .wav file and there is no crackling on that clip. It only seems to occur in the program.

SPECS: I am running a 13" late 2015 MacBook Pro; Intel core i7 processor; 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1.5MB VRAM.
FL Studio 20.1.1 64 bit Build 175 for Mac
Omnisphere 2.5.1d 64 bit

I am also using the same setup in Cubase Elements just for testing and I don't get the same crackling

Thank you for any suggestions you may be able to offer to allow me to eliminate the crackling.

N00B1O1
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:48 am

x

Re: bad crackling with Omnisphere

try checking your audio driver and your resampl...

Scott
Site Admin
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:25 am

x

Hi, Omnisphere is in this list - Problems with ...

ohmaya
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:42 pm

x

Thank you guys so much. Using the recommended s...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”