Playback is Crackling and Popping Severely and I Belive That It Is a CPU Problem.

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Livita
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:26 pm

x

Playback is Crackling and Popping Severely and I Belive That It Is a CPU Problem.

I'm trying to make a heavy Future Bass track and I'm using quite a few instruments (30 on the filter group that I'm using for instruments and 46 different automation channels. I'm also using 4-5 effects on each channel that I routed to a track on the mixer, so I kinda have a lot going on.) Up until I put 3 more automation clips in for the buildup, the playback came back perfect -- no clipping, very clean, and exactly how I wanted it to sound; but when I added the automation clips, the playback came back choppy, popping and clicking. The CPU was running about 85 the whole buildup, and there's no good reason for it to do so; my computer is very new (It's a Microsoft Surface Pro 6) and most of my memory is free.

Also, most of my audio settings, I assume, are already catering to a better CPU as I have found these methods on YouTube tutorials. For example, my settings look like this:

(also, please note that I have the Smart Disable On All Plugins setting switched on. I wa told that this was very important.)

I'm still really unsure as to why this is happening and I have a deadline to finish this track. Some help as soon as possible would be appreciated. Thank you so much! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Livita
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:56 pm

x

Re: Playback is Crackling and Popping Severely and I Belive That It Is a CPU Problem.

Scott wrote:there's no good reason for it to do...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”