Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Alphagem-O
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:07 am

x

Navigating between FL20 folder and User Data folder

This post was spun out of the Help file, Marketing & Website ERRORS! thread because it covers a topic unrelated to help file and website.
reflex wrote:
Alphagem-O wrote:reflex, I noticed that pressing on the folder icons in the Chopper and Quantizer, respectively, also point me to the FL20 folders rather than the User Data folder (C:\Users\[your computer account]\Documents\Image-Line\Data\...). Is this intentional?
It's mostly because the chance of having user presets for this available is fairly small. But I guess it should open in the user folder if there are any presets there.

Note that the popup menu (arrow button to the right of the open button) will show the user presets together with the factory ones.

EDIT: I was wrong, it happens this way because it uses the location of the currently selected item (default.fsc) for the folder of the open dialog. If you select one from the user data, it will open there next time you click the button.

Reply:
reflex wrote:EDIT: I was wrong, it happens this way because it uses the location of the currently selected item (default.fsc) for the folder of the open dialog. If you select one from the user data, it will open there next time you click the button.
Thank you for clarifying that, reflex! So it always seems to remember the last directory used.

I've mentioned it before and still find navigation between the FL20 folder and the User Data folder cumbersome in general, especially because there are so many functions now where factory presets and user presets are located in distantly located folders. How should I adapt my workflow to avoid having to navigate through the entire path of directories all the time?

To me, it would make most sense if FL Studio provided some kind of system to quickly jump from the FL20 folder to the User Data folder and back, or to display two folder icons (for FL20 folder and User Data folder, respectively). I am currently using the Windows shortcuts system, but I can already foresee that when FL21 comes around, all the links to the FL20 folder will break.

It may be less of a problem when loading presets (because you can select from the combined popup list), but upon saving you always have to work your way through the entire folder path. So maybe one solution could be that upon saving, the path should always default to User Data folder, not the last directory used.

reflex wrote:Note that the popup menu (arrow button to the right of the open button) will show the user presets together with the factory ones.
On a different note, I have placed my custom presets for quantization into:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\Image-Line\Data\FL Studio\Patches\Scores\Quantization
but when clicking on the 'arrow button to the right of the open button' they are not shown. Instead, the pop-up list only shows the factory presets from:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 20\Data\Patches\Scores\Quantization
I may be using the wrong directory for my custom presets, but everything I've tried has not been successful.

So, in which directory does FL20 search for quantization custom user presets?

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:30 am

x

Re: Navigating between FL20 folder and User Data folder

Alphagem-O wrote:On a different note, I have pl...

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:38 am

x

Alphagem-O wrote:I've mentioned it before and s...

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:10 pm

x

Alphagem-O wrote:Regarding the Windows favorite...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:02 pm

x

That favorites selector is added by us, but our...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”