Insane amounts of MIDI clock jitter when using external hardware (Using USB MIDI)

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
BeeFef
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:58 am

x

Insane amounts of MIDI clock jitter when using external hardware (Using USB MIDI)

I'm getting a TON of MIDI clock jitter when using FL and I think it has something to with my computer. I've updated all the USB port drivers I know about and tried connecting it through one cable instead of through my USB hub and from my USB 3.0 port on my computer instead of my 2.0 port. None of those fixed the problem. I also updated my sound card driver, which didn't work either (but did actually improve some other functionality).

I'd like to find either a complete fix to this problem or a good workaround. If I can't fix it, then maybe I could have an external piece of hardware like my iPad generate a MIDI clock and then make my computer only control the notes each of the instruments plays, maybe through a separate MIDI interface to link everything up to.

I tried getting answers from reddit and didn't get anything clear that worked, so thanks if you help me out!

Attached is a video of the problem
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BeeFef
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:50 am

x

Re: Insane amounts of MIDI clock jitter when using external hardware (Using USB MIDI)

Robiaster wrote:Could you post a screenshot of ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Upavas
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 pm

x

Re: Insane amounts of MIDI clock jitter when using external hardware (Using USB MIDI)

Not funny!

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”