Whole piano roll AND step sequencer at the same time in the channel rack?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Mr. D
Mon May 13, 2019 7:40 pm

x

Whole piano roll AND step sequencer at the same time in the channel rack?

I was up to date with FL up until about version 7, at which point I stuck with that on my old PC. I liked it as it was and never updated it as I didn't get on with versions 9 onwards. I've now had to move with the times a bit and I'm finding the transition to this new version impossibly hard to deal with man, I can't get anything done. Now I know this seems like a tiny insignificant little thing but I've gone past the point of losing my mind with this one...

Is there any way of viewing the WHOLE piano roll for one channel, but keep the step sequencer in the other channels in the Channel Rack window? I can click the orange / grey overview button, which gives me a choice of viewing the entire piano roll on all channels, or JUST the first few beats of the piano roll and the step sequencer in the other channels.

I used to click the "loop step sequencer" light and use both, it was very good for rearranging drums and samples in real time while easily seeing where I was in the overall piece. I know there are a million other ways of achieving the same end result, but thats the way I spent years and years doing my thing, and I hope I'm missing something obvious here lol so I can go back to the ways I know.

Any help with this minor frustration will of course be greatly appreciated. Or even just knowing that someone else out there feels the same way about the old days would make me feel better. Maybe we could start like a support group or something.

omac12
Wed May 15, 2019 1:15 pm

x

Re: Whole piano roll AND step sequencer at the same time in the channel rack?

removed
Last edited by omac12 on Fri May 17, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

omac12
Wed May 15, 2019 8:08 pm

x

removed
Last edited by omac12 on Fri May 17, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoo
Thu May 16, 2019 1:42 am

x

fl4.jpg fl201.jpg 15 years ago compared to no...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

omac12
Thu May 16, 2019 7:39 pm

x

removed
Last edited by omac12 on Fri May 17, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”