Simple splicing of WAVs is not nulling like it always has and should... Oh my!?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
cmhawke
Thu May 16, 2019 3:08 am

x

Simple splicing of WAVs is not nulling like it always has and should... Oh my!?

Sometimes I splice two or more versions of a track together by simply pasting the wavs on the playlist, resize each wav to the desired portion of the track, no mixer inserts or other edits, export, bam. Should give me a render that nulls with the originals on the corresponding areas. This has worked up until now. Now, on a project I’m working on, a wav I am placing in between two other wavs not only causes the last wav to no longer null, but even after removing the middle wav the last wav fails to null although it did before placing the middle wav in. Weird. It seems the middle wav has special “instructions” whereby once it’s placed in the track it results in a loss of integrity. Anyone able to solve this mystery? I should be finished with this track now but this odd behavior is causing delays. Using FLS on Mac, untested on Windows. Exporting at 32bit/512.

edit: I've found this is actually a common occurrence when splicing and is reportedly due to a rounding error. Cutting clips perfectly, the same way at the exact same position on snap, is not a solution as I've always been doing this yet the issue still occurs. Workarounds I found include using Reaper (or another DAW) for splices, or if in FL Studio, potentially the solution in the last paragraph here may work: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=204279#p1394689
Last edited by cmhawke on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

cmhawke
Thu May 16, 2019 2:20 pm

x

Re: Simple splicing of WAVs is not nulling like it always has and should... Oh my!?

HeathW wrote:do a video of a failed attempt tha...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nucleon
Thu May 16, 2019 7:29 pm

x

Re: Simple splicing of WAVs is not nulling like it always has and should... Oh my!?

For the workaround you need to cut the original...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cmhawke
Thu May 16, 2019 10:24 pm

x

nucleon wrote:For the workaround you need to cu...

cmhawke
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:08 am

x

Like with viewtopic.php?f=100&t=205023, thi...
Last edited by cmhawke on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

cmhawke
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:38 am

x

So after further testing, I can confirm this al...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”