With mixer on 2nd monitor, how to keep something on top of that?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
sdh
Fri May 31, 2019 4:53 am

x

With mixer on 2nd monitor, how to keep something on top of that?

Hey all,

I have a 2 monitor setup and the 2nd one is multitouch and is mainly just for the mixer. To get the mixer to slide over to the 2nd monitor I have to have it "detached", if I don't have it detached it won't go on the 2nd monitor (unless there's some trick I don't know about).

If it is on the 2nd one and I uncheck detached it jumps back to the main monitor.

I would like to set stuff on top of the mixer when it's on the 2nd monitor, like the big clock, the little notebook, maybe a comp/limiter or instrument, whatever, but as soon as I touch the mixer it jumps to the front and whatever I had sitting on it is hidden behind it. Some things I want there while mixing down and so while I know how to get those to pop up front I need them to stay there and I don't see any option like "keep on top"

Is the way to do it there somewhere and I just don't know where it is? If not, any ways around the situation or something? It would help a lot so any help is appreciated.

BTW, I used to have a Windows 8 machine, it differed in how it did the extended monitors in a couple small ways, so in case it matters this is a Windows 10, 64 bit, FL is Producer Edition v20.1.2.887 Signature Bundle that I'll use sometimes 32, sometimes 64 bit.

Thanks!

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”