Midi out channel in FL Studio play only one note at a time.

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
M.no
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:33 pm

x

Midi out channel in FL Studio play only one note at a time.

I have some difficulties with my midi out not playing every note recieved from a VST instrument plugin, and which is a problem that I hope you and your expertise can help me with.

In the situation it's more specifically about midi out in FL Studio version 12.5.1 and version 20.1.2 (those are the versions I have) not playing every note recieved from Sampletank 3 VST. When I play notes directly from inside Sampletank, and for instance lay notes in the piano roll, every note or chord played etc. makes sound and there is no lack of sound from the notes, but when I play from inside the midi out, or for instance when I play notes on my keyboard in the midi out channel, only one note plays at a time, and in the piano roll approximately only just 50 percent or less of the tones makes sound (triggering/stop sound/start sound issue?). The sound problem do not appear using any FL studio intergrated synth software, such as Sytrus or Harmor etc.

Before, I used to load many Sampletank VSTs
into the FL Studio channel rack with just one instrument per Sampletank, but since it eventually gave me CPU trouble and difficulties loading more Sampletank samplers into the channel rack caused of CPU and memory issues, I realised that operating Sampletank loading several Sampletank instruments into it and using midi out to play the instruments, instead of loading just one instrument per Sampletank, was very CPU effective and made it possible for me to load more Sampletank samplers into the channel rack. Discovering that, I instead started to operate Sampletank with multiple instruments inside it sending them to separate midi out channels for better DAW working and for reduce of CPU use.

If it can be helpful to you I can mention that I do not use any special midi controller. Maybe the issue can have something to do with the computer soundcard that I have, which isn't very good, and is a kind that was intergrated in my computer when I purchased it. I also can mention that my computer is a laptop of 2018, it is powerful enough and should handle midi properly.

I have no other midi or midi out problem but the one I have discussed with you here. Midi and how it generally works, can in some ways be a little complicated so I know there can be many things that causes my midi out problem. I am sort of new to using midi out, so there is chances I have overlooked something essential, maybe in the midi settings and so on.

Now, after making midi out channels for many of the instruments used in every separate Sampletank (sending the instruments to midi out channels from just one set of Sampletank) and after copying all the notes for every instrument I have used in every separate Sampletank in the channel rack and into the midi out channels, the songs suddently do not sound right because of the mentioned problem with midi out not playing more than one note at a time or playing the notes with a great deal of lack in sound, so you see I must get the midi out to work properly in the situation. I have searched the internet for anwers that could solve my midi problem but without any luck yet, and this time I turn myself directly to you in hope that you have the answer to the midi problem of mine. Hope I have explained myself in a way that was understandable to you. I would appreciate it a lot if you could respond on my inquiry to you, and if you have the time.

Morten Norén
Last edited by M.no on Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alphagem-O
Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:38 am

x

Re: Midi out channel in FL Studio play only one note at a time.

ocean wrote: ↑Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:16 am I have ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:51 pm

x

Re: Midi out channel in FL Studio play only one note at a time.

ocean wrote: ↑Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:16 am I have ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”