Piano Roll Note Color Shortcuts

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
KJinx101
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:46 pm

x

Piano Roll Note Color Shortcuts

OG Post here, for discussion. viewtopic.php?f=100&t=207060 No one seemed to have any opinions so I'll assume there was no answer.
Therefor I'm adding the suggestions to this To Do forum so that it's an official suggestion rather than just discussion.
1. [alt] + [c]+ [#] allows you to change the color you're working with to channels/colors 1-8 automatically (Ex: Alt+C+6 = Dark Purple) (first 8/16 options)
2. If a note is selected, the above method in Q#1 will also change the selected note's color also. Then you can just use Alt+C to continue in the same color.
3. I know this is a stretch, but lastly I suggest the ability to also use the method of Q#1 in live recording, and apply the current color to the whole channel's piano roll. The idea is that, if, for example, I write one horn line in one articulation, I can slow down the tempo a bit, go back to the beginning, press record or play and change articulations as I hear them coming by color. This gives you the workflow benefits of key-switching without the problems and also extends this workflow to Patcher. Maybe this could be accessible in the Piano Roll's toolbar (along with 'record' or simply the 'play' button?).
To sum up, it's an a shortcut to change colors/channels more quickly in the piano roll, applying that functionality to note selection, then a 'live' application of that functionality.

Thanks.

Return to “To Do”