Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Ming_2
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:27 pm

x

Improve Midi file compatibility with Pro Tools

Hi,

I'm a big fan and 10+ year user of FL Studio. I've started using FL because of its intuitive beat-making design. However, I recently ran into a problem as I started to try to work with others, especially those who use Pro Tools.

Because I wanted to ask my friend to record something for me in their studio, I exported my wav. file as well as my Midi file so they can keep track with the tempo information, due to multiple tempo changes I have in one song. Then the problem came up. He couldn't get his Pro Tools to read any of the tempo information of the Midi file. It gave me a big headache.

I checked with others who use Cubase and Studio One, they didn't have such problem at all. They loaded the Midi file and the tempo info was there. It was just the Pro Tools that's not reading the Midi file.

Just to be more clear: I first ran into this issue in FL Studio 12. Now in FL Studio 20.5.1 this problem still exists. I've worked on multiple songs since I found out about the issue, and whenever I am to collaborate with a Pro Tools' user, I'll have to export my midi file from FL Studio, then load up the midi file in a second DAW (I use studio one prime, since it's free). And then, using this second DAW, export midi file again. Pro Tools will be able to read tempo info from this new midi file, but never from my FL-generated midi file.

Sorry if this post fits better in the FAQ rather than the in the To Do, but my guess is that there is some improvement to be made to make FL Studio more compatible and more efficient with Pro Tools?

FL Studio is a great DAW. I've become so used to it and built my entire workflow over it. I really don't want to switch to another DAW since it would waste me tons of time.

Thanks. :D
Mingt. Oy

NTO
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:39 pm

x

Re: Improve Midi file compatibility with Pro Tools

Ming_2 wrote: It was just the Pro Tools that's ...

Return to “To Do”