Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
crimsonhawk47
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:36 am

x

Looptalk Monthly Contest - Refreshed and Resynthesized - September

I have always felt like the Resynthesis engine in Harmor has too many possibilities for me to even know what to do with. A simple resampling of a piano allowed me to make a cool sound that was central to my entry in the last contest. And I barely even changed it.

For those that aren't familair, Harmor breaks an audiofile down into a series of sinewaves varying in frequency and volume. It allows you to perfectly reconstruct a sound and then really mess it up with all of Harmor's effects and modulations. You can put an envelope on the pitch, apply true unison, Create your own filters and sweep them across the signal, etc.

Whatever you can do to oscillators, you can do to that weird banjo recording you have. I've always loved that idea, and I've been curious to see what people can do with it. So this is a resynthesis contest.

Rules (thank you to HeathW for getting me started):

Deadline October 1st

rule 1 - Songs must be at least 2 minutes long, and no longer than 9 minutes.

rule 2 - all audio generators excluding some percussion must be a HARMOR instance using it's resysthesis features only. You may use percussion in Harmor, but it's not a requirement unless it's a loop.

rule 3 - all resynthesized audio must have at least one noticeable effect to change the sound. We aren't looking for a simple low pass filter. Be creative

rule 4 - all plugins used in your project must be native fl studio plugins.

rule 5 - You may use one-shot samples from anywhere, but credit the source (if you made a sample, you do not have to prove it, though we'd love to know how).

rule 6 - If you use a loop from outside of FL, you must do something very unique with it in Harmor. It should be hard to recognize. Again, credit the source.

rule 7 - No sampling other people's music or any copyrighted music.

rule 8 - Up to two song entries

rule 9 - If possible, each person will get two votes, but I will confer with the mods.

rule 10 - A tie will be randomly chosen with a simple tie-breaking bot.

All of these rules are subject and expected to change in a grace period of 4 days

For those that don't have Harmor

If you'd like to propose, in this grace period, a replacement for Harmor, I am checking the thread every day. But said replacement would have to be similar enough to Harmor to wave away the differences. This is about showing off the power of resynthesis. And it is not the first contest using a plugin that isn't wrapped in every edition. I am sorry if you can't participate. I am not attempting to be exclusionary. This contest idea just excites me.

Thanks to audiosabre for the art. Looks great.

A cpu tip for everyone:
remember you can change the partial count of Harmor. This determines how many sinewaves are representing the sound (it will kind of sound like a lowpass filter). You can cut this a fair amount without noticing anything. The lower and narrower your sounds frequency, the more your can cut without making a difference. This will only affect the sound before the post FX bank (distortion, chorus, reverb).
Last edited by crimsonhawk47 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

audiosabre
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:41 pm

x

Re: Looptalk Monthly Contest - Refreshed and Resynthesized - September

Here's a small quick version. May make some cha...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

miles_t3hr4t
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:52 am

x

Alright, Lets see if I can make this post witho...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HeathW
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:27 pm

x

miles_t3hr4t wrote: I left out the advanced stu...

audiosabre
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:20 pm

x

Just occurred to me, you could cut the spectrum...

Thunderpunch
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:20 pm

x

Okay, seeing as time is ticking on and nobody e...

Horizon95
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:41 pm

x

Thunderpunch wrote: In a lot of my work I like ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”