Recordings being printed with delay/latency (apollo twin USB)

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Chairbot
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:48 am

x

Recordings being printed with delay/latency (apollo twin USB)

Hey guys,

Whenever I'm tracking vocals, it prints with a lot of latency. I end up having to slide every take over to match the actual performance, even when using edison.

I've tried using the "offset" function, as well as messing with the buffering length on my apollo/UA console settings, with no success.

I'm including the template I use for recording, as I'm wondering if I'm doing it right (even though I find this way very convenient as it is, except for this printed latency).

Here is a screenshot of my current template:

Basically, when I want to record, I route the docked "Mic " to a track in the mixer I want the recording to populate. This way I don't have to constantly mute/unmute channels and can use the latency-free direct monitoring of the apollo. Furthermore, every track non-docked track is linked to the "HP" (Headphone out, which is a separate output channel out to the apollo), this way I can control the HP mix separately. In this way, I don't have to constantly mute and unmute channels when tracking, which lead to annoying feedback issues when I forgot, or having to click 5 times each time I wanted to listen back to the recording. I fear this method is making all of my recordings track with latency. Please help!
Starting Template.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chairbot
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:01 am

x

Re: Recordings being printed with delay/latency (apollo twin USB)

It looks like it is not being reported correctl...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:18 pm

x

Hi there. I think to get in contact with UAD i...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:34 pm

x

Could you please create a simple test-project w...

Chairbot
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:11 pm

x

Here you go! I included the instructions in th...

Alphons
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:37 pm

x

I see. I've had a deep look into it and tested...

Chairbot
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:57 pm

x

I eventually found a kind of hacky fix! If you...

Phil.flp
Technical Support
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:56 pm

x

Update: We fixed this and some issues in the ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”