Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DonRoss3
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:21 pm

x

Long multitrack recording problem

Good afternoon staff!
Few months ago I had a very big issue with a long multitrack recording. During an important concert recording, after 30/40 minutes FL Studio crashed down. I was desperate when I realized that the entire (partial) recording was lost, read from the file reader like a corrupted file.
I tried again, thinking it was a computer problem, but unfortunately the result was the same. I didn't manage to finish the recording and later I found out that I had lost the little part of the recorded concert as well. Again.
So, I stopped using FL Studio for recording.
Initially I was very angry, but later I understood that was my fault because I didn't read properly the manual.
Now I've read a lot of posts on the forum, online and the manual, but I haven't got it clear.
I read that there's a 2GB limit and with Edison as well there's something wrong with the recording tool (I am always talking about long takes).
The next week I have got another important recording to do, and I'd like to use just FL Studio because it's my favorite D.A.W. and I'd like to use it for everything.
But, I think you can understand that I am afraid and without an explanation I prefer to don't use it.
How does it really work? Is something changed in this months? Can I take an high quality multitrack long recording (2/3 hours)? If yes, what should I do? Are there any default settings to change for making it possible?
Waiting an answer, I thank you all guys for your help and your work.
Have a nice day,

Matteo.

himhim2340
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:53 pm

x

Re: LONG MULTITRACK RECORDING PROBLEM

FL Studio isn't ideal for long format recording...

a deaf bat
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:18 pm

x

Re: LONG MULTITRACK RECORDING PROBLEM

It seems to be the case that: if you want to re...

DonRoss3
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:55 am

x

Re: Long multitrack recording problem

Hello himhim, thanks for your reply and for you...
Last edited by DonRoss3 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeathW
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:00 am

x

I wouldn't attempt it in ableton either there ...

DonRoss3
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:13 am

x

HeathW wrote: ↑Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:00 am I woul...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”