Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
spasticmouse
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:07 pm

x

FL Studio 20 Detailed Grid Lines

I recently made the transition from FL 12 to FL 20, and I can't figure out how to get the detailed vertical Grid Lines that were there in FL 12. See screenshots:

FL 12:

FL 20:

See the detailed vertical grid lines present in FL 12? They are not there in FL 20. And it is often very difficult to know where exactly I am placing a clip without these grid lines. Note that this is not even zoomed in all the way; if I keep zooming in FL 12, the grid lines will keep subdividing and automatically re-sizing, whereas they are just non-existent in FL 20. I've tried changing the options in File -> View -> Time Segments, but it doesn't seem to be related to this.

This is such a significant thing for me that I'm wanting to revert to 12 just because of this. And it seems like such a simple and important feature that was already present in 12, so I don't get why it seems to be gone in 20.

EDIT: Figured out that this is because I was using Snap to Events. Apparently in FL 20, having Snap to Events on means that the grid subdivisions become hidden, whereas they are still visible in 12. I do really prefer how it is in 12, because I use Snap to Events most of the time but still like to be able to see the detailed grid subdivisions. Wish they'd change this one element back to how it was! I don't see any upside to not being able to see smaller grid subdivisions when using Snap to Events.

HeathW
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:32 pm

x

Re: FL Studio 20 Detailed Grid Lines

change your snap settings to the divisions you ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spasticmouse
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:07 pm

x

HeathW wrote: ↑Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:32 pm change ...

Christian Bergmann
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:25 am

x

spasticmouse wrote: ↑Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:07 pm I...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”