Error: Could not save to the file

Please report Windows related issues here

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
WE NEED DETAILS!

We appreciate it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. However, please help us to help you by following these suggestions:

1. Update - Before trying anything else. Download and install the latest version of FL Studio from here. Your bug may be fixed already!
  2. Simple clear explanation - Explain what you are doing, or trying to do, and exactly what is happening.
  3. Specific information - a) FL Studio version & build number, b) what you are doing and what happens exactly, c) step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  4. Screenshots - Another great way to demonstrate issues. Get a free screenshot app here. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  5. A video - The best way of demonstrating many issues. Windows 10 includes an integrated screen recorder, see here OR get a free free recorder here. Include mp4 videos to your post from the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  6. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.

ALL posts made in this forum are 'Private' so that only you and staff can see them. This allows sharing of personal data, projects and other information. Posts are generally made public after they are marked 'Solved' AND there was no personal data contained in them.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Adelka
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:55 pm

x

Error: Could not save to the file

Hello,

today I purchased FL Studio Fruity Edition. Everytime I try to save a new project, a pop up appears with the message "Could not save to the file [filename].flp"

Is there any problem with the permissions of the folders or something like that? I don't know, I did all the process in order to unlock the Fruity Edition and I can't even save a project. It's very annoying.

Also, when I look for the projects at the project folder of FL Studio, they're there, but they're named like ".flp~". I can only open the NewStuff.flp project.

Help me please, I bought the program today and I'm already desperate.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Adelka
Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:22 pm

x

Re: Error: Could not save to the file

Yes, it worked running it as admin. And I also...

DOMINICWARD47
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:31 pm

x

Is there anyway to locate a file i tried to sav...

Evyi
Technical Support
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:24 pm

x

DOMINICWARD47 wrote: ↑Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:31 pm...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”