Is automapping zones and extracting root note information working currently?

Discuss & Share DirectWave content here

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Unfold
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:59 pm

x

Is automapping zones and extracting root note information working currently?

Echo sound works released a new free sampled piano called Denver, but unfortunately there is no FL version (only Kontakt, Logic X, Ableton), so I decided to download it to get the samples and map them to DirectWave. Unfortunately there have been few roadblocks stopping me from getting it working.

I created a quick python script to rename the files to match the DW import format that is documented on the DW help, but I can't get the "extract root key from filename" to work. I can load the samples (drag and drop) using that but using "Automap zone(s)" does nothing. I read some earlier posts from 2018 and 2019 about there being issues with that, and I was wondering if it is still broken?

From the DW help compared to my naming:
samplename_C4+KA3-F#4+V64-95+TG1+TY3+TF100+TO15.wav
Denver Grand Main_C4+KB3-B3+V100-113+TG1+TY3+TF100+TO0.aif

Another different issue is that the samples are in .aif format, and playing them in DW has this loud high pitched noise. Should I convert the samples to wave files, or is this an issue with DW?

One suggestion from earlier posts was to use SFZ format and import that. Is that the best course of action currently?

NTO
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:26 pm

x

Re: Is automapping zones and extracting root note information working currently?

Always good to simplify. Tested w/just the root...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NTO
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:44 pm

x

Re: Is automapping zones and extracting root note information working currently?

Unfold wrote: ↑Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:59 pm One sug...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”