Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
risc
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:37 pm

x

MIDI routing/port issue

Hi everybody,

trying to control 2 instances of NI Reaktor 6 (Rhythmmaker Groovebox & Razor Synth) using only one Artruria Minilab Mk2 Keyboard. It works...BUT....

Project looks like this:

-Generator1: NI Reaktor (Rhythmmaker groovebox) controlled/linked with Minilab pads 1-8/knobs 1-8 ("recieve notes from" is active, Minilab sends on MIDI Ch.10, Plugin is not set to recieve from any MIDI port, looks like this: "--")

-Generator2: NI Reaktor (Razor synth) controlled/linked with Minilab keys and knobs 9-16 ("recieve notes from" is active, Minilab sends on MIDI Ch.1, Plugin is set to recieve from MIDI input port no. 0)

-Minilab Mk2 is enabled in MIDI settings and set to unique/feedback port 0. (if no or another port number is selected in MIDI settings, it is not possible to control both plugins simultaneously using the same controller without changing focus in the channelrack, or both plugins are being triggered by keys AND pads of the Minilab at the same time)

As mentioned, this setup works fine so far and I can play/control parameters on both, drums and synth at the same time using the same controller. BUT there is ONE thing that still does not work:

NI Razor has a "move Modwheel -> various parameters are modulated-thing" *per patch* going on, internally. This is a very nice feature and I want to use it in this particular setup - but FL can only make this work if Razor is "controlled" via a MIDI Out channel. (Nope, CC#1 link-to-controller does not work when using Razor in FL - only one parameter is linkable this way, not the wohle "thing")

This is the problem:

As soon a I add a MIDI Out to the channelrack and set it to send on MIDI Port no.0, the Razor-Modwheel-thing works (pitchbend as well) but BOTH plugins are triggered when I hit the Pads on the Minilab. Setting one or both plugins to different MIDI ports does not work. So its either "no modhweel fun with Razor" or "play both plugins with one controller"... what did I do wrong??

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:03 pm

x

Re: MIDI routing/port issue

Could you upload a simple .flp file that demons...

HeathW
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:41 pm

x

don't use the omni port -- use port 1 or higher...

risc
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:37 pm

x

Thanks for the replies!! @HeathW: Already trie...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”