Changing Port assignments with an external controller

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Mixednutt
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:39 pm

x

Changing Port assignments with an external controller

This modification would be a dream come true for me. So here's the TL;DR.

In MIDI settings, I want to be able to change the Input Port of a controller WITH another external controller. To put it another way, I want to hit a button on my Novation Launch Control to change my Linnstrument's Port value. This would be easy to do with the tools in Control Surface. But I can't R-Click that value and "Link to controller..."

And/or

In "VST wrapper settings" under the "MIDI" section, I want to be able to change THAT Input port with an external controller. But once again, I cannot apply "Link to controller..." to that value.

Why do I want this? 2 reasons:
1. My midi controller is a Linnstrument. It basically uses the entire MIDI cable to control just one VST, such as U-He Diva or Serum. It uses all channels for MPE and expressiveness.
2. I have FL Studio configured to limit input lag as much as possible, so I do not have DSP to spare. Therefore I cannot just mute the VST's I'm not currently using. Crackle City, know what I mean?

Basically, what I need is the digital equivalent of unplugging my MIDI cable from one instrument, and then plugging it into a different instrument. And I need it to do this at the push of a button on an external controller. As a side note, for a DAW that "Doesn't support MPE" the MIDI wrapper in FL Studio does the trick just fine. I'm very impressed by it!

Thank you,

Steve

NTO
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:50 pm

x

Re: Changing Port assignments with an external controller

External switching - Bidule and virtual cables ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”