Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Cybertrech
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:49 am

x

DirectWave's problems and bugs

Problem #1

It's not a bug, but...

I've been using DW for many years. I use both versions: the native version and the VST version (because I can use my DW banks in other DAWs with the VST version of DirecWave). I have accumulated/created several banks over the years.

I have just discovered that if I overwrite (re-save) a DW program (already existing) with the native DW version, it can no longer be opened in the VST DW version. I get this message :

DW_VST_Failed.JPG

:(

However, I had already overwrite (re-save) with the new native vecto GUI version of DW (when it was released, with FL 20 I think) and I could still open these programs with the VST version. I guess it's only been since a few FL updates that DW programs saved with the native DW version can't be opened with the VST version anymore!??

I wish I had been warned or that it was indicated somewhere (popup msg or in Help manual), because I have just destroyed and made unusable several DW programs that can no longer be used with the VST version of DW. :cry:

Let me clarify: if we create a DW program in FL with "Create DirecWave instrument", we can open it with the VST version, but if we open it with the native version in FL, make a change (change the value of the ADSR, for example) and overwrite (re-save) the program, then it cannot be opened with the VST version.

So I create this topic first to warn users who own several DW banks and who sometimes use the VST version of DirecWave in another DAW than FL to make backup copies and/or not to overwrite (re-save) the DW programs under the same name with the native version, because you won't be able to open them with the VST version anymore!

Be warned!

On this subject a dev could say if the VST version will one day be updated in vecto GUI and/or, at least so that it can open the programs saved with the native version?

_______

Problem/bug #2

Sometimes, when I save a program with the native version, DW doesn't name the folder correctly, it makes strange characters and the folder is empty without any sample:

DW_name.JPG

This happens only with the native version used in FL.

_______

Problem/bug #3

With the VST version of DW, when it is empty with no program loaded, if I right click and choose "Add sample" and select all audio files in an existing DW program folder, the samples repositioning themselves correctly, just as in the program in which they were created/saved :

VST_Version.gif

If I do the same thing with the native version in FL, it doesn't work! And it doesn't matter with which version, VST or native, the files in the folder have been created/saved:

Native_Version.gif

It's a pity that it doesn't work with the native version, because this function, which I've been using for years with the VST version, is very useful when you want to combine samples from 2 already existing programs without having to arrange the samples manually.

For example, suppose I have a DW program #1 and a DW program #2 and I want to arrange the samples of program #1 from 64 to 127 velocity and the samples of program #2 from 0 to 63 velocity (all in one program).

So I open program #2, I set the velocity of a sample from 0 to 63, I do "Copy to all zones " Low & High velocity and save the program with a temporary name. Then I open my program #1, I do the same thing for its samples, from 64 to 127 velocity... ...and I just have to do "add sample" and choose the samples in the folder of the temporary program so that they all automatically arrange themselves as I arranged them.

The result is that I now have the samples from both programs arranged (2 velocity layer) in the same program and all I have to do is "save as a variation" and delete the temporary program (and his folder)!

But I can't use that trick with the native version. :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cybertrech
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:24 pm

x

Re: DirectWave's problems and bugs

For the last two bugs I mentioned, did the devs...

LaplaceTransform
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:23 pm

x

There's another thing connected to DirectWave t...

Initium_Thoth
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:59 am

x

There is so much about DirectWave that is fanta...

Cybertrech
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:24 pm

x

Up! For the last two bugs I mentioned, did the...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:37 am

x

Cybertrech wrote: ↑Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:24 pmFor...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”