Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Channelk
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:27 am

x

Newbie - just getting started - midi - NI - Recording

Greetings. I know newbie questions can be frustrating, but I am hoping for direction, rather than specifics. Let me describe what I have going:

FL Studio 20 (of course)
Yamaha TF1 mixer USB ASIO - as main recording and monitoring heart
Akai MPD 32
M-Audio Trigger Finger
M-Audio Keystation 61
Yamaha DTExpress E-drums
Line 6 Helix
NI Komplete 11
Motu MIDI Express XT - midi patchbay - USB into computer for midi - This unit has PC software for patching, and its working fine
W10, 32 GB ram, I7 - GT1080 - this is a nice computer. I run operating system from SSD and record to SSD - store data to lots of hard drives.

These are the basics. I know the Akai and trigger finger are OLD, ancient, but I own them....I am used to regular multi-track recording....Reaper is my DAW of choice.

I have everything installed....I can get audio out of both song and Pattern mode - I understand how to create very basic beats - and I was able to record a vocal mic onto a track (really low input) and not to the track I thought I was recording to. I was able to play the keyboard with a synth and it was working as expected.

Here is where I am going, and hope to achieve:
To both program drums, and play them live from the DTXpress - layering many drum sounds to get what I want and need.
To trigger loops, arpeggios, samples , my own recorded parts, and FX using any midi device in my arsenal.
To multi-track in FL - then add loops and triggers and stuff - OR..
To route mixer channels in FL to different outputs - not just to the mains, but back into the TF.
I think this one is impossible, but at this time my preference would be to output tracks from FL into Reaper, doing a LOT of pre-mix in FL, but not all. I would be willing to debate the reasons, or to be convinced otherwise. Should I stay completely in FL? This is a big question right now. I have a LOT to learn.
To head towards live performance.

Watching a TON of really good videos on youtube, but starting to feel overwhelmed. I am stuck with MIDI -and the e-drums....I can't figure out how to map individual pads to drums in Kontact 5 - but I also have to study Kontact 5 - plus I have other versions...

I can see that I actually have MIDI entering into FL. A light lights up in hint panel....And all of a sudden the e-drums are making sounds in FL - it sounds like timbale - and I have no idea where the sound is coming from.

And advice, suggestions, pointers, directions to good information or words of encouragement most appreciated.

SuperTRev
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:41 am

x

Re: Newbie - just getting started - midi - NI - Recording

Last edited by SuperTRev on Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperTRev
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:10 pm

x

Last edited by SuperTRev on Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Channelk
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:59 pm

x

Thanks for the posts. There are some basic conc...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nix
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:18 pm

x

OK- this will be no problem I think So perhaps...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”