Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
survei
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:19 am

x

Lots of extra time to use FL Studio - random thoughts on features I'm enjoying

I hope everyone's doing alright! I have a lot of time at home on my hands and I'm so glad I have FL Studio. It's been awhile since I made anything and I'm experimenting with new ways of producing. For example, I've been using the perform mode to mix and match patterns and I'm using FL Studio's awesome Link to Controller features to tweak knobs, rather than using automation clips. With a midi controller knob I can tweak a synth, and if I notice that the tweak significantly raises the volume of it I can just set up that same knob to also lower the volume to match it. With trial and error and looking at the different mapping formulas (where it says "Input" or "1-Input" and so on), you can have that line start and end pretty much anywhere.

So if a knob only sounds good between 25 and 75 percent you can use Input*.50+.25 so that 0 is now .25 and 100 is now .75 ... You know it's .50 because that's the range, and +0.25 because that's where you want it to start.

I'm trying to find new ways to build intensity and transition between sections without relying on riser fx, although I may end up using it in the end. One trick has been to increase the feedback on a delay plugin, drop out parts, and then bring everything back in with something new.

I saw a video of someone using the hardware groovebox Digitakt. It got me thinking, another approach is that I might start doing groovebox-style production where I just keep everything in the first 9 patterns and switch back and forth between them to get ideas for arrangements. If I'm not mistaken I think this was the classic approach FL Studio lent itself to. Who else remembers those stair-shaped arrangements of solid grey rectangles in the classic playlist?

nix
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:35 am

x

Re: Lots of extra time to use FL Studio - random thoughts on features I'm enjoying

old skool fever.png I just found my old licens...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nix
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:02 am

x

Re: Lots of extra time to use FL Studio - random thoughts on features I'm enjoying

this one has the 9 patterns-> 4.png v4 youn...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”