Is your controller not listed/supported ?

MIDI Controllers FL Studio officially supports

Return to “MIDI Controller Reference List”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jmc
Site Admin
Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 am

x

Is your controller not listed/supported ?

From FL Studio 20.7 MIDI Scripting is available. Start here.

Scripting allows custom support for all MIDI devices.

j_thomps82
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:38 am

x

Re: Is your controller not listed/supported ?

I just bought an AKAI MPK mini. Will I be able to use it with the FL Studio or should I return it and get a different one?

Wraith1
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:06 pm

x

Yes hello I’ve just recently brought fl 20 because I’ve heard so many great things about it, I currently use Logic Pro with my komplete control s61 and I noticed there is no support for any of the transport or knobs control please help for I do not want to return my fl

Reinhard
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:35 am

x

i want to say that image-line must support the Arturia Keylab Midi Keyboards in FL Studio in my eyes because that are great Midi Keyboards. I have a Arturia Keylab 49 MKII and i want to map it with some hardware and its too difficult without some helps to make it alone

mkjimjams
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:24 pm

x

No Arturia listed?!? Key step and beat step pro tighter integration please :)

Dogster
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:50 am

x

Will the midi commander work with FLoops? I'd like to queue drum loop samples for live performance.
Does anyone recommend a midi footswitch for page-turning beats/parts in performance mode?

https://meloaudio.com/blogs/news/what-is-midi-commander-overview

Thanks 8)
Last edited by Dogster on Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

monoLuna
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:12 am

x

Just bought an Arturia Minilab mkII, seems to work well after following findable articles on this forum; but the relative knobs, oh gosh!, the ones marked 1 and 9, when moved the fl plugins stay in place...(the Analog Lab 4 vst that came with the keyboard works fine with these relative knobs :shock: ).
I am new to music producing, after 5h research, it seems relative knobs in the Arturia, send two messages a relative and a contextual reference, that are incompatible in protocol with something.

I have read several posts that hint me to install two extra software packages, that need to map midi messages and ignore the contextual, that need to be started in a certain order to be made to work. And I rather do not get into that.

I am new on producing my own music, and i was keen to be lured by youtubers onto my decision to buy this MIDI controller, it did not cross my mind that there would be MIDI protocols that cause incompatibility on relative knobs(i found about them later).

Thank you for offering to support these devices
arturiaMinilabMk2Generic01.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lindsay McGuire
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:40 am

x

Hi there , desperately trying to connect my Samson Graphite 49 , its just not connecting properly, high latency and triggering all sorts a weird ways. Please help, this is making me not enjoy midi even more. Thank you

7hief
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:50 am

x

j_thomps82 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:38 am
I just bought an AKAI MPK mini. Will I be able to use it with the FL Studio or should I return it and get a different one?
Same, I just bought an Akai MPK Mini as well. Would love to have it in controller types vs. selecting generic. Thanks!

J7MC925
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:09 am

x

I've been looking a lot into MIDI keyboards recently. After a few months of research and comparison I was presented with a time crunch, and ultimately settled on a Nektar Panorama P4, as it seemed to be the most modern keyboard available with native integration. However, there were a list of other, more modern keyboards I would've loved to get if they were supported.

The most popular, modern, and well-established:

1. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S Series
2. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol A Series
3. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol M32
4. Akai Professional MPK2 Series
5. Akai Professional Advance Series
6. Arturia KeyLab Series
7. Arturia KeyStep Controller & Sequencer
8. Arturia MiniLab MkII 25 Slim-Key Controller
9. Novation SL MkIII Series
10. M-Audio Code Series
11. Alesis V Series
12. Alesis VI Series

drsanchez1102
Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:04 am

x

I'm using a Presonus Atom. It'd be great to see controller support for this!

Sneaky Bastard
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:28 pm

x

Adding full support for the Novation SL MK3 would be totally amazing. In my eyes, it's one of the best MIDI controllers out there.

Best Regards, William

chezzybun
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:56 am

x

Hi there!

I just got a Novation Launchpad MK3 Mini. Doesn't seem to be listed. :(

Hope you can add support soon!

aobodes
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:43 am

x

Akai MPK249.

Also, it would be great if some sort of documentation was released about your MIDI Control scripts to allow community created/custom scripts.

For example, in Ableton, I made a custom script for the Push 2 User mode that behaves exactly the way I want it to. Rather than creating all these scripts yourself, perhaps releasing the tools/docs for others to create their own would be prudent?

Looking at one of the control scripts included I see:

<link>
<ctrlparam>8</ctrlparam>
<window><![CDATA[mixer]]></window>
<windowparam>549461968</windowparam>
<windowid>0</windowid>
<channel>0</channel>
</link>

Most of this is clear to me except for the windowparam field. I assume that in theory I could create my own script following this as a sort of template.

kay_long
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:19 am

x

I was given a Novation Impulse 49 along with FL Studio as a gift but after many months of fruitless attempts to find or create a map I've given up. It would be great to use the features of this keyboard with my all-time favourite DAW (yes it's compatible with Ableton but I don't understand that DAW at all).

Also, any tips if I want to work on a project with someone who uses a non-compatible DAW? Logic Pro X.

Thanks <3

ZsD
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:10 am

x

I bought a Panorama T4 and it doesnt work well with the P4 settings. Would love to control FL with it. I also have a Maschine MK3 on the way. Do you have support for that yet?

White_Noise
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:11 pm

x

Thinking very seriously about an Akai Force to function as the master sequencer, sampler, mixer, effects, and clock for my hardware setup. The more seamlessly that can be integrated with FL Studio, the better. Currently, it can export ALS files for ableton, but I know you guys have the Fire, so my hope is you have a good enough relationship with Akai to make .flp export possible. Exploded stems is fine for now, but the big plus for me would be if this could also replace my Launchpad for launching live clips in FL studio to get around the memory limitations of the Force without crawling to Ableton.

Sir.Dabs.Alot
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:15 am

x

i am also using an Akai MPK mini. it isn't on the list. has anyone had any luck using this pad on FL?

NTO
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:54 am

x

I have used my MPK mini (first gen) as generic controller for years. Totally linkable (device has editor to customize too)

Other threads
search.php?keywords=MPK+%26%26+mini&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=1915&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

K-Otik
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:01 am

x

I've just put in an order for the Novation 49SL MkIII MIDI Controller keyboard, but after hunting extensively for DAW compatibility online I realise it was probably a mistake to do so, at least as far as FL Studio is concerned! It seems that I won't be able to do anything with this keyboard other than use it as a generic controller within FL Studio 20. Does that mean that the faders, knobs, pads etc will not function at all within FL Studio, or is there some kind of workaround for it? I've looked at the list of compatible controllers within FL Studio and tbh many of them are fairly ancient. So basically I'm asking for Image Line to support the Novation SL MkIII's and possibly some of the more recent and popular controller keyboards, in the long run it will keep FL Studio users happy and help the DAW continue to thrive in a competitive market! I've enjoyed using FL Studio since 2016, it's UI is one of the best and most user friendly out there, but if it is going to have compatibility issues with the latest controllers or hardware I wish to use, I might have to consider switching DAW's. :roll:

aobodes
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:04 am

x

Just switched to a 61SLMKIII, great keyboard but would love to see it supported in FL!

PeachedLotus
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:39 am

x

hello I am still new to FL studio I purchased the Arturia MK2 midi and I have quite a bit of trouble because I have to manually input the nobs with everything it can sometimes be difficult to find advice on how to get every nob to be programmed and used for one synth instead of individually programming one. using it with the FL being new doesn't really help my situation either lol. It would be nice to see if this MIDI becomes more user friendly throughout time so the nobs don't have to be manually inputed. Its all part of the process though really glad I have todo all this research it a "the more you know situation". Anyway see you around :)

tsuj
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:56 am

x

just got a hold of a "Alesis master Control"(mixer/interface) I know its 10 years old but i'd like to be able to use it without manually mapping the faders.
Somewhat working with this preset
Choose PRESET 10 :applesoundtrack, also I had mackie universal controller selected in the midi settings as per the alesis manual.
THis works good enough but missing 1 button/function PAN/SEND/LEVEL. is there a way to manually assign/fix that one missing button?
Last edited by tsuj on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

QuakeBeatz
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:08 pm

x

Support for the Arturia KeyLab Mk2 would be very nice. When I open VST's i can control the perimeters

dkincaid
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:52 pm

x

I'd love to get better integration in FL Studio with my Novation SL MkIII as soon as possible.

Thanks.

OhWhatsInTheBox
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:12 am

x

It would be awesome to have the Novation SL MkIII supported!

fomlyzor
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:08 am

x

Extra support for the Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 would be amazing. The MK2 looked like it was great with FL studio but the MK3 is not quite the same without more support.

SynisTAr
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:25 pm

x

I have a Novation SL MK111 and a Novation Impulse. I'd love full integration with the new FL CV plug in as well as all the usual features available in some of your competitors softwares.

SynisTAr
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:28 pm

x

kay_long wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:19 am
I was given a Novation Impulse 49 along with FL Studio as a gift but after many months of fruitless attempts to find or create a map I've given up. It would be great to use the features of this keyboard with my all-time favourite DAW (yes it's compatible with Ableton but I don't understand that DAW at all).

Also, any tips if I want to work on a project with someone who uses a non-compatible DAW? Logic Pro X.

Thanks <3
Do you have the latest HUI firmware update? There is a sysex file on the official Novation website for this. Enables control of a lot of major features using the Mackie control setting.

Babyrubio23
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:00 pm

x

I bought a Casio CT-X700 and I want to be able to record the instruments from my keyboard in FL. How do I do that

NTO
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:00 pm

x

Babyrubio23 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:00 pm
I bought a Casio CT-X700 and I want to be able to record the instruments from my keyboard in FL. How do I do that
That is recording external audio. See the help file.

Ryota Lore
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:13 am

x

I use an AKAI Professional MPK Mini MIDI keyboard (all I can afford at the moment). No trouble using knobs, pads or the joystick, but I don't know how to use the Program Change and CC controls & the arpeggiator section with FL Studio.

But then, it's not listed (hence my posting here) and I don't know of any item on the list that'll give me similar functionality.

JSmash
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:15 am

x

Komplete Kontrol S49.

I've owned it for a year, and since we're in quarantine I finally "figured it out."

But first, I spent 2 days trying to switch to Maschine 2 software... That was a fail. FL is way better for pro's. Then I spent a day trying to see why the Maschine hardware has a template in FL already and my keyboard doesn't. The only workaround was buying this Bome midi editor, and spent a whole day setting that up.

Man, I'm never going to get that time back smh.
(I know y'all didn't ask for the backstory, but I'd love to see a template)
I think the reason it doesn't already have a template is because way fewer of the buttons on the keyboard trigger MIDI notes (which is essential for FL Studio (I hear this is an 'old' way to make software.) Again, I'm not complaining, just sayin', y'all got the sauce, smh)

candybeetz
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:44 am

x

would be great if the presonus atom pad controller was natively supported. same with the komplete kontrol s88 mk2.

babrahams3
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:20 pm

x

I just picked up an Arturia Keylab 49 (non essentials version). Really hoping Image Line can create a native map for this in FL studio. I am new to music production and learning to set up and map this midi controller is quite overwhelming. Please Please!! Thank you! :)

Sammaan
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:30 am

x

Sorry in advance for the childish rant. But this matter needs to be addressed. Bottom line: easy and accessible midi mapping solution must be made available so that manufacturers or other parties can freely create custom mappings for midi devices. In this forum I have heard this is hard to do because the way FL is coded. But if this is accepted as the #1 issue for the team, I'm sure progress can be made. In any case, the status quo is not sustainable and competitors are luring your customers away all the time.
Image-Line is committed to full and open support of all controllers.
Is that so? Seeing the list of supported devices grow one device per year doesn't really imply this. 6 years later I am still waiting for proper support for NI KK mk1 (mcu is just sweeping the problem under the rug, as tighter integration can be achieved). And yes, there are workarounds for everything. But I personally hate it when every time you become interested in a piece of gear, the first thing you need to do is to google if someone has found a hack to make at least half of the features work with FL.

Just downloaded the trial version of Ableton Live couple days ago. All the gear just.. worked. Only few minor things needed to be done for some gear (like copying and pasting midi script files in few folders for KK mk1), but official instructions existed for this in NI's website.

This is how FL Studio should be too. I have been using it for more than 10 years now and love it with all my heart. Only issues I have with it are related to integration with external gear. All the respect for the developers as they are generally doing an amazing job, but please, Image Line, please fix this one issue that cripples what would otherwise be the perfect daw.

P. S. While we are here, please add support for novation sl mk3. Just placed an order, and will start a 3-month affair with Live until the trial period ends. After that I would like to come back to FL if such integration was realized :)

DimitryMoens
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:39 pm

x

When will Arturia minilab mkII be fully supported, do i have to assign the knobs again everytime i start a new project??

Elmakai
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:52 pm

x

Sammaan wrote:
But I personally hate it when every time you become interested in a piece of gear, the first thing you need to do is to google if someone has found a hack to make at least half of the features work with FL.
So. Much. This.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been using FL for many years now. But I grow so weary of having to pick and choose what hardware I get simply because there is no real integration with it. I have to not get great gear simply because it would add no value to my workflow in FL Studio, which should not be the case.

Besides currently owning a Presonus Faderport 8, Korg Triton, and a few others, I am looking to get a NI Komplete Kontrol S88 mk2. Just recently, I have pored through forums for weeks now to see if I could get better integration with these (and general consensus about the S88) with FL Studio. And the answer is the same as it was 5+ years ago - pages and pages of people trying different combinations, and the best one can hope for is partial transport controls, if not needing 3rd party paid plugins to reroute MIDI data.

I have also downloaded the trial of Ableton Live. And while it's taking a bit to get used to, I'm willing to spend serious money on it simply because it works. But, for sure I'm not spending any more money on Image Line products as long as the priority seems to be new plugins/presets that require a separate purchase, and not on features that other DAWs have had for years.

drnishant
Tue May 12, 2020 3:41 pm

x

drsanchez1102 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:04 am
I'm using a Presonus Atom. It'd be great to see controller support for this!
hell yeah. would love to have support for Atom's transport but then everything mapped and functioning time synced note repeat would be awesome :D

sdrawkcab
Tue May 19, 2020 9:38 pm

x

Elmakai wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:52 pm
Sammaan wrote:
But I personally hate it when every time you become interested in a piece of gear, the first thing you need to do is to google if someone has found a hack to make at least half of the features work with FL.
So. Much. This.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been using FL for many years now. But I grow so weary of having to pick and choose what hardware I get simply because there is no real integration with it. I have to not get great gear simply because it would add no value to my workflow in FL Studio, which should not be the case.

Besides currently owning a Presonus Faderport 8, Korg Triton, and a few others, I am looking to get a NI Komplete Kontrol S88 mk2. Just recently, I have pored through forums for weeks now to see if I could get better integration with these (and general consensus about the S88) with FL Studio. And the answer is the same as it was 5+ years ago - pages and pages of people trying different combinations, and the best one can hope for is partial transport controls, if not needing 3rd party paid plugins to reroute MIDI data.

I have also downloaded the trial of Ableton Live. And while it's taking a bit to get used to, I'm willing to spend serious money on it simply because it works. But, for sure I'm not spending any more money on Image Line products as long as the priority seems to be new plugins/presets that require a separate purchase, and not on features that other DAWs have had for years.
This has been my biggest problem with FL as well; it's very limiting in that regard, frustratingly so! I had my eyes set on Akai Advance, only to realise that nowhere seems to be selling it anymore. Akai has officially stated that they're still supporting and making them, but you can't find a new one anywhere. The last place that had them for purchase was Altomusic, and that has since changed a few days ago.

Now, the only controller that offers any real FL integration is the Nektar Impact LX, which is cheap, full of QC issues, years old and is in my opinion, ugly!

I really don't understand; I see support for Sonar, Reason, Bitwig and Studio One and I know for a fact that none of those DAWs are as popular as FL (Studio One is up there though), so I truly do not understand why manufacturers do not give FL some integration. Is it because of FL's programming language? Does anyone know the real reason for this problem? Ableton, Cubase and Logic get tons of support (rightfully so), but FL is left in the dust time and time again.

I want to believe the Akai Fire was IL testing the waters, to see the response and if they should partner up with a company to build a keyboard controller or do it themselves. I honestly think the Fire was IL attempt to try to address the lack of hardware integration they've been plagued with. I was super interested in it when I first saw it, but looking at all the features it really won't speed up my workflow. Another huge let down with the Fire, was that the pads aren't velocity sensitive, which makes no sense to me, at all. I guess they were trying to keep the price down? I don't know...

I've been using FL since 2002, and all these years later we still can't have decent hardware integration. 90% of the hardware in the supported MIDI controller list are legacy hardware.

I'd really love to see better done in this department.

Sammaan
Thu May 21, 2020 7:56 am

x

Thank you, IL, thank you a million times for implementing MIDI scripting. This is a dream come true! Hopefully manufacturers will start creating scripts for their gear soon. In the meantime, I might even try and learn some scripting myself.

rpcm
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:31 am

x

I would love to see full support for the M-Audio Axiom Air Mini 32, it is a fantastic controller for tight spaces or travel!

thespeech
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:43 am

x

Putting in another request for Novation SL MkIII support.

SonicAura
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:10 pm

x

Rhyno949 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:27 pm
Novation launchpad pro mk3 please !
Me Too!! Me Too!!

Return to “MIDI Controller Reference List”