Unique per Pattern Automation clips inside Piano Roll for Patcher Instruments

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
MegaSphere
Fri May 29, 2020 9:29 pm

x

Unique per Pattern Automation clips inside Piano Roll for Patcher Instruments

This is a feature I'd absolutely slay for!
Unique per Pattern Automation clips inside Piano Roll for Patcher Instruments!

Allows for incredibly fast, tidy and efficient work flow for automating things inside Patcher Instruments

I've already been doing something similar by using Fruity Envelope Controller to parse the note (and slide note) MOD X and Y from piano roll to inside Patcher.
In this example here,
Dark green notes MOD X controls Sytrus' MOD X.
Pink notes MOD Y control the reverb's Dry/Wet.
This is still an extremely good, fast and tidy workflow with the ability to try out new ideas without leaving the piano roll and keeping the playlist free from unnecessary clutter.
However, I'd really, really like a less jank method of doing this. One that feels intentional instead of a hacky workaround I figured out myself.
envelope-controller-parse.mp4

This is where my idea to have Unique per Pattern Automation clips inside Piano Roll for Patcher Instruments would work.
Add as many automation clips inside Patcher as you need,
1_Adding_Clip.png
2_Added_Clip.png

Rename and colour them yourself.
3_Added_Renamed_Coloured_Clips.png

In the piano roll, go to the Note properties menu and then hit Patcher automation clips > Show automations.
4_Piano_Roll.png

Now add them manually from the picker panel on the right. Automation clips are not automatically added inside the piano roll as that would be extremely difficult to keep track of and must be done deliberately.
The automations here in the piano roll are unique to the pattern, this pattern being Pattern 1.
5_Piano_Roll_Pattern_1.png

Automation clips can go where as they please inside the bottom part of the piano roll. They can be freely resized can you can place as many copies of the automation clip as you like.
For every new pattern, the automations need to be added again with the picker panel. As it's a new pattern, they are completely unique to it. Modifying automations in this pattern will not affect automations in any other pattern.
If the pattern was a made using Clone on a pattern with automations, those automations would be cloned with it but they would still be unique.
6_Piano_Roll_Pattern_2.png

This feature should be unique to Patcher Instruments as it would embed the automation clips inside the instrument.
I believe if this does get implemented, people would wonder how they managed without it after having an enormous boost to the speed of their workflow in trying new ideas and keeping things tidy at the same time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”