Best midi controller with FL Studio (Korg Nanokey Studio, Akai MPK mini MK2,...)

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
faontastic
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:53 am

x

Best midi controller with FL Studio (Korg Nanokey Studio, Akai MPK mini MK2,...)

Hello,

I am looking for a midi controller fully compatible with FL Studio under 100-150 €. I'm looking for something versatile and compact because I don't have any other controllers yet. I point out that I am not a pianist and that I am not necessarily looking for something that feels like a real piano.

I hesitate especially between the Korg NanoKEY Studio and the Akai MPK mini MK2. The Korg NanoKEY Studio caught my eye, but I can't find many reviews on the internet. I am interessed in the X Y touchpad and the chords pad function on this device. I wonder if the key layout is good, or if it's the same as using the keyboard keys on a laptop. Is this device the same or better than the Akai Mpk mini MK2? Is it possible to assign an FPC drumkit on the pads while playing a synth on the keys like on the mpk mini?

I know the Akai Fire is designed especially for FL Studio and I think it should be very useful for creating rhythms in the channel rack, but I have the impression that the note mode is very close to what my laptop keyboard offers with razer chroma.

I also looked to other more traditional keyboards, like the Komplete Kontrol M32 which also has an automatic chord function, but there are no pads and I read that compatibility with FL studio is not optimal. The Arturia Minilab also looks well constructed but the pads are a bit small and on one line instead of two.

Besides, all the controllers come with plugins and sounds. Based on this criterion, which would be the most interesting for me knowing that I like to experiment in an industrial style (postpunk, coldwave, EBM, dark movies atmospheres, ...)?

Thanks for your advices

NTO
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:58 pm

x

Re: Best midi controller with FL Studio (Korg Nanokey Studio, Akai MPK mini MK2,...)

@TazounsBones: Are you using the Taktile for MC...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”