Need a software program that can temporarily turn off my computer fan while recording

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
rapproducer714
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:36 pm

x

Re: Need a software program that can temporarily turn off my computer fan while recording

I'm sure a quick Google search would do the trick on the program searching, but I don't recommend turning your fan off, if that's even possible for a CPU fan, because the one you are speaking of is likely the CPU cooler fan and you absolutely need that. You may be able to turn it down some if it's not automatically controlled with a fan curve and it's for some reason stuck on high setting. I would just buy a quiter cooler/fan if it is indeed the CPU fan making noise. A computer case made for silence will help, too.

If you want silent components, look into Be Quiet! brand cases, coolers, fans, etc. I've had 2 of their coolers and they are really quiet, high performers. You could also try finding a way to record in another room instead of next to your PC. Get longer cables for your monitor, USB extensions for your mouse and keyboard and maybe some more extensions for USB audio interface (if you have one), etc.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”