using harmor for something like 'harmonic excitation'?

The place to upload Harmor presets and discuss programming.

Return to “Harmor - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Mister345
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:46 pm

x

using harmor for something like 'harmonic excitation'?

ok so i have a track i'm working on, which was recorded from a jam i did with my eurorack modular stuff. turns out though, that apparently, for whatever reason, my recording has very little content above around 10khz. it's almost like i always had a low pass filter on everything and somehow didn't notice.

so now i'm trying to bring some high freqs back into the mix, and i've had some success with some EQing so far, but i thought it might be interesting to take a .wav of the audio i'm trying to fix, load that into harmor, run that parallel with the track, and maybe do something like pitch shift everything upwards (inside harmor) to get some high freqs above 10khz, based on the lower frequency content. of course i'm then going to run the product of that through a high pass filter around 10khz to make sure i have nothing below that (where i already have things happening in the mix).

the problem is, that no matter how high up i pitch shift everything inside harmor, there's a point around 15khz or so where it looks/sounds like there's always a fixed low pass filter that won't allow harmor to generate anything above that point. i'm seeing it in voxengo span. i can keep playing the audio at higher and higher notes to trigger it with harmor, and no matter what, it never generates anything above that freq range. i used the image resynthesis preset to set this up, and i made sure to go in and adjust the couple of parameters that have to do with resynthesis quality, to set them to highest accuracy.

can harmor just not generate stuff above that point? or is there some other setting i'd need to change to make this happen? this technique almost seems to be working acceptably but it'd be nice to have the newly generated content go all the way up to 20khz or a little higher, even.

Return to “Harmor - Presets & Programming”