Silence Follower 0.33 (noise and reverb masker)

Share your Patcher presets here

Return to “Patcher - Presets”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Matthieu
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:16 am

x

Silence Follower 0.33 (noise and reverb masker)

Latest version: download/file.php?id=224718

Objective: Keep silences silent without making the sound too empty when removing fan noise.

While it's not a full denoizer, it's a silence follower that gives a smooth enough result, to me. Adjust project's timebase(PPQ) for a faster OR smoother response.

It's smoother than a noise gate, less dramatic. Speaking of which, added in v0.32 a button to control XYz controller's smoothness further.

Low and High curve clips are sticking the bottom and top of Min, Max at 0 and at 0.5 while clipping the low and high peaks so to raise responsiveness and make the volume constant.

Hint: Play around with values until you obtain a nice curve on the 3 grouped formula controllers.

Question: How would you make the low-high clip better?
min(c,max(b,a)-b)/(c*2)
I'm trying to keep the minimum value to multiply the result's maximum so the way B and C affects each other always keeps low and high stuck as desired to 0 and 0.5. The formula is lacking a little something. You'll notice that at some positions, the max slowly decreases.
But keeping low and high values within nice ranges right now is okay enough.

I haven't figured out yet how to remove the noise part from the non-smooth-gated part of the sound.

>Suggestions welcomed<
Attachments
Silence Follower0.032.fst
(41.7 KiB) Downloaded 550 times
deenoiz0.32 Large.png
deenoiz0.32 Large.png (134.7 KiB) Viewed 5001 times
Last edited by Matthieu on Wed May 26, 2021 12:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Matthieu
Mon May 10, 2021 3:05 am

x

Re: Silence Follower 0.32

New version, changed the method a bit. Smoothin...
Attachments
Silence Follower0.033.fst
(46.65 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
deenoiz0.33 Large.png
deenoiz0.33 Large.png (117.48 KiB) Viewed 4913 times

Return to “Patcher - Presets”