Monitor headphones on an iPad

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Bill Bennett
Tue May 04, 2021 2:04 am

x

Monitor headphones on an iPad

I realise my music is wonderful, but not everyone wants to head the same four bars over and over when I'm cleaning up a mix.

So I use headphones. I had a good pair of noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones I used with my iPad Pro, they were damaged. I also have AirPods Pro, which are great, but lack something at the bottom when I'm checking sub bass and kicks.

I need new headphones. Has anyone reading this expertise in this area?

Three questions. First, Bluetooth means latency. I don't record live on my iPad, so is latency a problem when everything you hear is the same X milliseconds late?

Second, the new iPads don't have a headphone jack. I've got a dongle which converts from USB-C to a headphone jack. Are there any issues with this that I should be aware of?

Third, I know I want monitor headphones with a flat response. Anything else I need to look for? I noticed non-bluetooth, non noice cancelling headphones are about a third of the price of the fancier ones. That means I could spend a little extra for quality. Any tips?

maxklint
Wed May 05, 2021 3:32 pm

x

Re: Monitor headphones on an iPad

Bill Bennett wrote: ↑Tue May 04, 2021 2:04 am S...

Bill Bennett
Wed May 05, 2021 11:30 pm

x

My two cents: I use the dongle all the time on ...

Bill Bennett
Thu May 13, 2021 2:43 am

x

In the end I found inexpensive, but reasonably ...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”