Recovering VST data from FL Studio Project (where VST update caused patch data to be lost)

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
kevinm
Sun May 16, 2021 6:16 pm

x

Recovering VST data from FL Studio Project (where VST update caused patch data to be lost)

I recently updated Nexus 3 (through reFX Cloud), and I've noticed in some FL Studio Projects, that some instances of Nexus 3 aren't loading the preset that I'd selected (including any edits I've made), and are instead loading the default Nexus preset ('Saw Init').

Obviously I know this is most likely to be a question to pose to reFX themselves, but my question here is...is there a way to recover any data from a .FLP file that could detail which preset was selected (and even better, what parameters have been changed and to what)?

I've tried fldiagnostic.exe on one of my project files and I don't think this is what it's designed to do (thought it was worth a try), and I've also tried opening the project file in Notepad++ for any clues, but no luck unfortunately.

Is there any way to be able to recover such information?

Also...is there any merit in making a feature request for this in the to do forum...this isn't the first time this has happened (when I upgraded Arturia Analog Lab v3 to v4, a similar thing happened), and it's sure not to be the last time!

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”