Playlist replace clip source and keep edit

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
VI Knight
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:42 pm

x

Playlist replace clip source and keep edit

I don't know if there is away to do this currently but i have not found it. I would like to be able to replace the source of all clips on a track in the playlist but maintain the cuts and arrangement of the clips that are currently on the track. For example, I sliced up a vocal take and arranged it in the playlist with the parts i want to keep. I made a duplicate of the audio clip and pitched it and manipulated it the way i want. what i want to do it to create a copy of the current track and then replace the source audio clip to the new audio but i want it to retain the edits in the playlist. What is happening now is that when i replace the audio source it must uses the whole clip in the track and none of the slice edits are retained.

I hope i am explaining it clearly.

Here are the screenshots to show what i mean

In image 1 you see the tracks 25 and Enisa vocals 2 which is the original track track 25 is the duplicate of Enisa Vocals 2

Image 2 you see i select a new track source for the edited clips.

Image 3: clips are now replaced with the whole new source but from the beginning of the track and it does not retain the clip edits and location of the cuts.
Playlist Tracks 1.png
Playlist Tracks 2.png
Playlist Tracks 3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:09 pm

x

Re: Playlist replace clip source and keep edit

there is 1 way, but it doesn't work on multi se...

Milinor
Technical Support
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:28 pm

x

Re: Playlist replace clip source and keep edit

It works as you want for audio tracks. So every...

Return to “To Do”