Hella Slow Rendering

contains the latest version of our visualizer plugin (replacing Chrome)

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
FaultyFelix
Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:20 pm

x

Hella Slow Rendering

Hey guys, looonnnggg time user of zgame, over 700 videos on our channel now haha, but recently (couple months ago) render times became super slow and taxing on my system.
i use FL on mac, and over the past 4 or so years ive been using a 12 core mac pro 2011, 64gb of ram and a radeon Vega FE, an absolute beast for rendering in z game, i was rendering four 5k videos at the same time (4 instances of FL open at once) and never had any dramas with it
but as of a couple months ago after an update (didnt realise at the time that the update was the issue) my system started struggling to render even 1 video, taking render times from roughly 15-20 minutes to over an hour and it was near impossible to get more than one render going because the system was hanging like hell.
i assumed it was my poor mac finally giving up so i ordered a 16" M1 macbook pro before it was completely dead, about a week ago i updated FL to open a friends music project and after that rendering problems became way worse, to the point that it was hard crashing the system moments after starting the render, at this point i figured the ol 2011 mac pro was dead and didnt realise it was more likely an update issue

so in the past week i swapped over to my windows gaming rig (an i7 9700k, 32gb of ram and a rtx3070) and even that beast of a machine was taking over an hour to render a video, completely maxing out the gpu, a gpu twice as fast as the Vega FE

Today my new M1Pro Mac came in, since i was excited to see the insane video rendering capabilities the internet has been raving about, i opened up fl, brought up the same project and sure enough, over an hour rendering again. tried 4k, slightly better but not much, 1080p still over 40 minutes, i remember going from 1080p to 4k a year or so ago and it only adding about 5 minutes to a 10-50 minute render, i use the same template thats barely changed in the past 4 years so there must be some deeper issues here

ive seen quite a few people talking about long render times on this forum lately so it seems im not the only one with the issue, and each reply has been about imported mp4 issues, well this project is nothing more than a hand full of images and some youlean effects

Absolutely cant thank everyone enough for the work put into fl and zgame over the years, its been incredibly helpfull to my personal music and our label, hoping theres a way to help speed up these render times eventually, if theres anything i can do to help troubleshoot let me know, for now ill rebuild the template in an old version of FL (since i can no longer open it from saving in the latest update haha)

Cheers, Felix

VilleK (staff)
Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:47 pm

x

Re: Hella Slow Rendering

Hi, 700 videos? That is impressive, what chann...

FaultyFelix
Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:06 pm

x

Heya! this is our channel, gets an upload every...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VilleK (staff)
Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:46 am

x

FaultyFelix wrote: ↑Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:06 pm He...

FaultyFelix
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:47 am

x

It is possible that this happens if the project...

VilleK (staff)
Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:30 pm

x

FaultyFelix wrote: ↑Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:06 pm i ...

FaultyFelix
Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:18 pm

x

Ive been struggling to get two example videos u...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FaultyFelix
Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:54 pm

x

been using that latest template i sent you to r...

FaultyFelix
Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:30 am

x

that error seems to be happening when i try to ...

VilleK (staff)
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:35 am

x

FaultyFelix wrote: ↑Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:54 pm be...

FaultyFelix
Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:23 am

x

Wow turning off the youlean drop shadow has mad...

VilleK (staff)
Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:51 am

x

FaultyFelix wrote: ↑Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:23 am W...

FaultyFelix
Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:42 am

x

that would explain why my old mac pro handled i...

VilleK (staff)
Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:34 pm

x

Thanks for the update. Then I think we can assu...

FaultyFelix
Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:40 pm

x

no worries, i think probably a combination of p...

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”