FlowStone is apparently coming back. Is Image-Line going to collab with DSPRobotics again?

Discuss & exchange FL SynthMaker presets here.

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Sinistrail
Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:11 pm

x

FlowStone is apparently coming back. Is Image-Line going to collab with DSPRobotics again?

Today, Cycling released RNBO, a big Max add-on that lets you turn your Max patches into sellable VST3 plugins and lots more.
Max has always a been cool and fascinating piece of software to me, something for completely different ends compared to FL and that I would use alongside of (especially if anyone can theoretically make instruments to use inside of FL now!), but on top of a Max 8 purchase it comes off at a whopping 600$ for a licence. Justified, but whatever...

https://youtu.be/l1Ujp4siZUc

This reminded me of when FL SynthMaker, now FlowStone, worked inside of 32-bit FL Studio for free – without exporting capabilities, but still allowing you to make synths with an intuitive node interface. You could learn everything inside for free and then buy a licence for the real thing if you were feeling it... still doable I mean, but not on modern computers.

Sadly the program went into development hell for a long time, but now that it's resumed its course, FlowStone 4 is in alpha and produces working plugins.

So my question to the devs is, what's the status on the relationship with DSPRobotics? Would you be willing to reach out to DSPRobotics again to have Flowstone 4 run in its FL-limited free version like good ol' times if a new version came out? I'm very curious!

EDIT: forgot to add that obviously this is because FS4 will be 64-bit.

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”