suggestions for FL workflow

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
bradnon
Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:14 am

x

suggestions for FL workflow

Ive been using FL since it was FL Studio. Ive accumulated a list of to-dos that would be amazing to see written into the script. its awesome to see my list dwindle even slightly as newer updates come out. but i still have some suggestions;

1) 'set cut group to selected channels' - an option to select a lot of samples and have them all 'cut itself' to either individual groups or one group.

2) ability to copy a patern/automation/waveform/etc and have it be able to paste to a newer instance of FL that was just opened

3) 'odd time change/ global pattern length adjustment' - the ability to shorten or lengthen each pattern and collectively the song length, being able to add or subtract the amount of beats per each pattern. sometimes i find an idea sounds almost good enough after ive already spent many hours on a song, to be able to adjust to play the song in different time signatures both longer and shorter would be awesome. if it could intelligently lengthen or shorten each measure/bar in the song being played

4) 'vst suggestion' - when opening a new cvst a suggestion option to open the most commonly used

5) 'link songs' in playlist- the ability to have an entirely new project be able to be opened at a determined time in the playlist,with options of what pitch/bpm/global effects open when it hits that moment. older and newer hardware beat machiens have this option, to just seemlesly flow from one track to another, enabling the ability to master an entire albums worth of tracks in the same instance for exporting

6) 'voice command prompts' - the ability for FL to learn your voice to bea able to complete actions verbally. this might be extremely difficlut to program, but how cool would it be to just say 'open new instance of pigments with preset xxx' instead of manually clicking for it?

7) bring 'humanize' back, ability to adjust a plethora of very minute structural changes to pattern, sound, song, etc. a global humanize option to add nuances and articats to each individual note and automation

8) 'smooth out automation' - ability to convert automation info into more or less extreme or subtle changes, like digital to analog conversion tables for each automation event . smooth out jittery hand-made automations , apply a copmpression-like curve to automation clips, more options in reaction times/tension/what values do in automations.

9)'copy/paste selected tracks into new project' - ability to highligh a number of tracks even with gaps in between them into another project. similar to copying one fx slot into another channel, but a completely new instance would have a 'saved preset' list to choose from, and to be able to delegate where the saved tracks/ex start and end

10) option to save the last 'veiw' of a channel being opened. rather than that channel opening just to the side of the last one opened, an option to open it in the same exact placement on screen and the same window of the given parameters as the last one opened. if i now open a new chanel, it will always default to the first window , but rather if an option was clicked to enable it to always open new chanels/vsts/fx in the last window that was being edited.

10b) option to apply chained global editing to multiple vsts. i recently used kashmere vst which allows you to link multiple vsts as one, all edits you do to the master makes edits you do to the slaves. would be cool if this was an option for literally anything in fl. if ou could choose momentarily multiple instances of similar vst/channels/fx and be able to adjust all of the parameters as a temporary maco

11) 'follow filter' - ability to set an automation clip or event movement as a master or 'macro' event, and link whatever parameter to this master event movement. this may exist already in ways, but it would slim down the number of clicks and time needed to have any knob or parameter movements match anothers

12) 'copy part of song to another' this is similar to another suggestion above, but ability to save just a duration of one song and have it be opened and pasted into another

13) 'add sample to another' - opens sample in the same chanel as another. keeps them viertually separate but any parameter you tweak will adjust both of them. maybe options to have them as separate 'linked' channels or to sum them up into one

14) 'link knob movemenst to others' - similar to the macros in phaseplant or some of the 'boom efftcts' plugins. highlight one knob, and all the other knobs light up as options to click as well as 'ghost' mini knobs that show up temporarily to set parameter extremes and minimums

I have so many more suggestions but dont want to overload yall. I have the highest respect for you programmers, thanks in advance if any of these are heard and made into reality

dustractor
Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:14 pm

x

Re: suggestions for FL workflow

Bump for #1: set cut groups for multiple sample...

Return to “To Do”