FL Studio Feature Suggestions

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
MarkOFL
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:25 pm

x

FL Studio Feature Suggestions

Long-time user, first-time poster here :). Please bear in mind I don't profess to have any kind of mastery over FL Studio, so I'm asking for broad leeway if a feature has already been suggested or already exists in the software!
  1. Easy Track Position Change
    In the playlist, there should be a way to LMB drag instrument tracks up and down the playlist instead of relying on "move up" or "move down" to adjust their position. Just like layers in Photoshop.
  2. Easier Grouping System
    I'd like to see an easier grouping system in FL Studio. One that mirrors the way Photoshop does things. You can create an empty group, and then LMB drag tracks into the group to add the track automatically. You'd have a black bar or thumbnail of the track and its name indicating the area where the position change would be applied.
  3. Toggling Individual Clips
    There are times in my musical compositions where I'd simply like to disable an individual clip WITHOUT having to disable the whole track (or move the clip to another track that has been toggled off).
  4. Clip BPM
    I know there is a way to change the BPM of the whole song, but if there isn't one already, could ImageLine implement a means to change the BPM for an individual clip instance?

Sometimes I brainstorm melody by putting notes together that sound good at say, 90BPM, but as a result, the track will sound incongruous with an entire song playing at 130. By allowing a "clip BPM", it reduces the amount of guesswork and improvisation needed to get a melody to play right with the rest of the song.
  5. Hotkey Editor
    A way to change the hotkeys for FL Studio, just like in Autodesk Maya. So for example if I don't use left-alt right click for play, but I frequently use right-alt click for deleting points in automation clips, I'd like to change the keys to better suit my workflow.

You could then save these hotkey mappings out as a profile (config file), which you can then load into your FL studio (or any instance of it) at any time. FL Studio would retain your hotkey settings between sessions until you manually change it again.

There might also be an option to revert the hotkeys back to their default configuration. Some example cases: in case hotkey file gets corrupted, you get tired of using the system you have, or you changed the hotkeys to suit a particular task and don't need to use that setup anymore.
  6. Persistent Disabling of Online News
    I don't know if this is a feature or a bug, but for whatever reason, FL Studio won't keep online news disabled after I uncheck it. It'll stay disabled for the current session, but if I restart FL, it is enabled all over again.
  7. Docking Channel Control & Mixer
    One of the biggest problems I run into while regularly using FL Studio is that when channel control loses focus, it can be pushed behind the playlist window and I don't have access to it without closing the playlist. I then have to double click the channel control button to bring the CC window back to the top again. Same issue with the Mixer window, plugin & kontakt windows (and double click CC instrument buttons to get Kontakt windows to come to the front again).

If the windows were dockable, I wouldn't have to waste precious composition time having to deal with stuff like this. I want my attention to be singularly focused on the work itself rather than on software periphery.

I'd like the ability to dock the channel control and plugin windows to the right hand side (or tabbed with the browser if moved to the left-hand side?), mixer to the bottom. I've attached an example image for mixer and channel control.
  8. Empty Track = Wrong Piano Roll
    Whenever I click on an empty track in the playlist, the wrong instrument music bars show up in the piano roll. I've sometimes written tunes for the wrong instrument because of this. I have to open the channel control, right click and select "Piano Roll" to get the empty track to show up correctly in the piano roll. Is there a chance that ImageLine could fix this default behavior going forward?
Anyways, sorry for the long post! Again, I realize that some of this stuff might already be in the software... I just might not know where it is or how to access it. For the stuff that isn't in the software, I hope the team will consider some of the suggestions! Thank you for your time. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FaBianB
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:21 pm

x

Re: FL Studio Feature Suggestions

1. Use Shift + mouse wheel 2. Shift + mouse whe...

MarkOFL
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:30 pm

x

Re: FL Studio Feature Suggestions

Hello FaBianB. Thanks for the reply! 1. I trie...

Return to “To Do”