Does Akai Fire have a chromatic fourths scale mode?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
camckoy
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:42 am

x

Does Akai Fire have a chromatic fourths scale mode?

I tried emailing Akai support about this three times over several weeks but got no reply. Apparently, they do not respond to support requests.

I use Launchpads, a Linnstrument, and various iPad apps to play using a chromatic fourths note layout. Does anyone know if the Fire has this option too? I read about how the Fire has various scales as layouts and I saw that the Fire has a “chromatic scale layout.” But I want to know if it has a perfect fourths chromatic scale layout.

To clarify what I mean: the perfect fourths chromatic scale layout is where the bottom row of notes (closest to the player) is a chromatic scale going from left to right, and then the next row of (chromatic) notes up from there (ie, further away from the player) is a perfect fourth up. And then the next row of chromatic notes up from that is another perfect fourth up, and so forth. So if the bottom row is C, the next row up would be the F above it, and the next row up after that would be the Bb above it, and so on.

The perfect fourths chromatic scale layout has become quite common now - Ableton Push and the new Ableton Note use it, Bitwig uses it for their onscreen keyboard, Linnstrument uses it as its default layout, and the amazing iOS app GeoShred uses it as its default too, just to name a few. I’m hoping that Fire has it too.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”